• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What new cards?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: What new cards?

Postby Anderas » Thursday May 14th, 2020 1:59pm

With yours, Mohawks and mine we have about 20 effects now. Either we do the hard choice and remove some or we raise the price per card or I print 54.

This is hard now :-)

Well I guess not all of mine are serious, so there are some delete candidates.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Stig » Thursday May 14th, 2020 2:41pm

I think some funny ones are perfect for HQ, especially when playing with people who don't do many RPGs and think it's too serious. Light relief is a good thing in my opinion. Maybe remove the more complicated ones? I'd go for a deck of 54; increase replayability.

Deck in a day!

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Thursday May 14th, 2020 3:42pm

Missing pictures. A picture a day maxi...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Zull Rogar » Saturday November 21st, 2020 8:51pm

I have used in my games an invention of my own with the influence of some of our friends from here on the site and even from other regions of the world, which is a deck called "Surprise Cards", in fact there are 5 decks, The Door Surprise Cards Special, End of Combat surprise cards, Camp surprise cards, Area Travel surprise cards and City Events surprise cards. The last three are to give a more RPG feel to the game. Although the Surprise Letters from Area Travel and the Surprise Letters from City Events are in their infancy and I haven't been able to apply them much yet.

Special Door are events that happen as soon as the Heroes open a new door.
End of Combat These are events that happen when killing the last monster in combat.
Camp These are events that happen when heroes camp in the middle of the search.
Area Travel These are events that occur when Heroes go on another quest or to a city with a map already set up.
City Events are events that happen when entering the city that forces interaction with NPC and the possible formation of a new Search.

Even still in development, today I can no longer play without these cards that bring a lot of unpredictability in the game.

Forgive my English Google Translator.
:barbarian: “Aquilo que não me mata me torna mais forte.”
Zull Rogar

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Davane » Saturday November 21st, 2020 11:55pm

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay has a lot of information on the gods of the Old World. A quick browse will show you a lot of options and ideas for effects with that Warhammer/HeroQuest feel. You could easily feel a 36 card deck with effects, and even a 54 card deck if you want nothing and negative effects in your deck. WFRP has rules for POing the Gods, but you could also have negative effects as catching the attention of more unsavory gods, like the Gods of Chaos...
"The HeroQuest World is loosely based on the Warhammer World which is the copyright of Games Workshop and is used by their permission."

HeroQuest Combined English Edition Rule Book (HQ CERB)
Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Anderas » Sunday November 22nd, 2020 3:36am

Thanks a lot Davane!

I have a finished temple card deck by now. You can find it here if you want.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards