• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wizard MAGIC STAFF: Phoenix, Sea, Stone & Wind (+new spells)

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Wizard MAGIC STAFF: Phoenix, Sea, Stone & Wind (+new spe

Postby Kurgan » January 8th, 2022, 1:50 pm

I actually like the idea of a healing power that is more useful on allies than on yourself to save from dying to encourage the "support role" thing. The Armband of Healing artifact can't be used to heal another hero (unless you hand it over to an adjacent hero on YOUR turn, then that hero can use it on his, or it gets used automatically if the wearer dies of course, if not already used in the quest).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Poctuk » February 11th, 2024, 6:20 am

lestodante wrote:A little update on this post, almost 1 year and a half old now and is still WIP.
My goal here is to create 3 additional spells (level 2) for each of the elemental groups. Please note the one described at page 1 where at an early stage, I developed them in Italian language first to be sure the text will match the translation too (Italian words are way longer than English ones).
Created 3 more spells for each Darkness, Protection and Detection group.
As previously discussed for the Tyrant's Tomb questpack I split the 8 Elf spells in 3 groups, Time, Nature and Illusion (adding an extra 1 to match a total of 9) and created 3 new ones for each group, so the Elf will also have Level 2 spells now.
Together with the special staffs I created new Magical Skill cards that allow you to use the level 2 spells for one quest only or potions that allow the wizard or the elf to acquire a temporary knowledge of the extra spells or even to mix the groups together. There is a lot of stuff in developing, still waiting for some of the images and also "virtually testing" them trying to avoid smart players to be able to combine skills, spells and special artifacts all together to create some sort of loop where they can use the same spell as many times as they want.
I love the Wizard Hero and trying to make him more enjoyable for the players without overpowering him.
At the same time, Hero Skills are also in developing and will be available for ALL Heroes, including the Wizard.
Below some more samples, Earth and Darkness spells, Level 2.
I will update the images with English text as soon as I can (any help with the translation will be much appreciated).

These are terrific. What happened to the L2 Detection and L2 Protection spells? Also have you completed the skills for Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard, I can see that you created the backs of the cards. Could you please post spells and skills these?
Poctuk

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby lestodante » February 11th, 2024, 1:16 pm

Poctuk wrote:These are terrific. What happened to the L2 Detection and L2 Protection spells? Also have you completed the skills for Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard, I can see that you created the backs of the cards. Could you please post spells and skills these?

I put aside this project for a while in favour of the WQP development to avoid some spells to be too close to the new ones featured in the WQP.
Also some of the spells I thought about were turned into Wizard skills and viceversa.

Poctuk wrote:Also have you completed the skills for Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard, I can see that you created the backs of the cards. Could you please post spells and skills these?

I've completed and revised them several times. At first they were common skills for all heroes or for all spellcaster characters but later I split them into specific skills for each hero so now everyone has a new rear artwork and their own skills.
I am sorry to say they will not be downloadable.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards