• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Skill Cards (Yet another skill card list)

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Skill Cards (Yet another skill card list)

Postby peewee_rota » Thursday October 3rd, 2019 4:42pm

For a campaign from years ago, I put together a bunch of skill cards. (They were developed around the same time that playtesting for Hero Quest Prime skills was happening, so the overlap is probably pretty obvious.) They worked out pretty well, but since then I've noticed there is a lot of redundancy with existing resources, namely the combat cards. I have never ever seen those combat cards before, but many ideas are really similar so I was going to just not post these. But I think it is worth it even if they are just redundant.

This plays with some extended rules that were mentioned in the Trades and Professions thread. Players gain a skill card that matches their class when they level. They also gain a Dexterity Stat and can roll on a new "Feats" system, which is used for some skills. All of that is laid out in the document.

The layout shows which classes can use a skill in bold under the picture, followed by a description. (Thanks again to Anderas for the higher resolution pictures. I tried to stick with the same ones from the old card maker). Skills are either once per quest or ongoing. Ongoing meaning that they either Always apply, or it is an ability that can be used multiple times. (Sometimes costing Mind Points)

Anyway, without further ado...

Edit: Added cardback
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
peewee_rota

Goblin
Goblin

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Skill Cards (Yet another skill card list)

Postby peewee_rota » Friday October 4th, 2019 9:06am

Updated above post with cardback image.
peewee_rota

Goblin
Goblin

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Skill Cards (Yet another skill card list)

Postby Tott » Monday October 7th, 2019 9:17am

nice!
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Cards