• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

In Search of Small Expanded Elements Spell List

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

In Search of Small Expanded Elements Spell List

Postby LiL KiNG » Saturday June 29th, 2019 1:41pm

Hello folks,

I was recently bitten by the nostalgia bug and purchased the HQ, KK, and RotWL sets to play with my kids. I'm going through everything and this site has been amazing for adding spells, artifacts, equipment cards, etc, from the expansions I don't have. I've been able to print drathe's amazing pdf's on gloss paper, cut them, then use self lamenting cards to seal and protect them. While drathe's stuff on the main page covers the official stuff, what I'm looking for now is a just a small 3-5 card expansion for the wizard's air, fire, earth, and water spell lists because in the later quests, spells still only doing 1 body point feels lackluster - preferably set up like drathe's pdf files that are ready to go and I can just print front/back on because I'm as computer illiterate as they come and while many of you have posted awesome looking spells lists, it's a headache for me to try and line up proper size and card backs for printing.
I tried downloading two different card generators as well but one was broken and would freeze every time I tried to add text, and the other saved each card to its own page where the sizing was off and then it lost all color on printing.
Thanks for any help any of you are able to provide.

-L.K.
"Confronted by their true selves, most men run away, screaming!" - Engywook
LiL KiNG

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: In Search of Small Expanded Elements Spell List

Postby whitebeard » Saturday June 29th, 2019 2:55pm

I expand the wizard's spell capabilities with artifacts. And those cards are formatted like drathe's so you can print and cut.

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?t=3666

With all four element groups, the Wizard has 2 healing spells AND with Tempest stored in the spell ring, the Wizard is the most dangerous player. I house rule that Tempest cannot be used on consecutive turns in the same room (the wind has not died down enough and a second casting makes it so nobody can move / attack).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday June 29th, 2019 3:19pm

I have 9 spells per spell group, giving access slowly to more and more spells.

The Wizard can randomly draw three spells, or buy more.

Here my spell cards, version of June
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdqXoz ... p=drivesdk

Here is how it is meant to be expanded (scroll to the Wizard tower)

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=drivesdk

I use a python code to generate my cards from a list of card texts. I need to upload it to github to share it better. Or, yet better, make an exe from it.
I tinker on it each day a bit, maybe it is not frozen enough. :-)

Whitebeards artefacts also go a long way towards making the Wizard more powerful, adding a function or a power to the one or the other spell.

Do yourself a favour and search also for slev's version and the expanded Wizard's Spellbook of Count Mohawk. Those two guys have been my inspiration for most of my spells, also generally for lots of stuff.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby LiL KiNG » Saturday June 29th, 2019 6:12pm

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it!
"Confronted by their true selves, most men run away, screaming!" - Engywook
LiL KiNG

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » Thursday July 4th, 2019 2:37pm

In creating the Mystic character class, I added some spells, inspired from the PC Game "Hero Quest II: Legacy of Sorasil."

FIRE:

Fear
This spell causes one enemy to become so fearful, he can no longer attack (but may still defend). The victim may break the effect on a future turn by rolling 1 Red Die for each of his Mind Points. If a 6 is rolled, he returns to normal.

Flame of Healing
restores 4 lost body points to self or ally

Wall of Fire
This spell generates a wall of fire covering 1 square within your line of sight for 2 turns. Anyone crossing the square during that time rolls 3 Combat Dice, losing 1 Body Points for each Skull rolled.
(we have interpreted this as meaning you can cast it on a square occupied by a monster, "turns" means "round of turns" of course, and we use a fire marker to indicate where it is;
a chaos "ice spell" could neutralize it)

WATER:

Wall of Water
Identical to Wall of Fire, only using a water (or "ice" marker). Using these spells on the same square would neutralize both.

Rust
This spell targets the enemy's primary metal weapon, rendering it useless. This will reduce the enemy's attack strength to 1 Combat Die (2 for stronger monsters like Fimirs or Chaos Warriors). (obviously here you have to make a judgment call on the monster's weapon, etc)

Demoralize
This spell takes the fight out of one enemy, making them unable to attack or defend. They can only move away from the Heroes, if there is room to do so. It can be broken immediately or on a future turn by rolling 1 Red Die for each of its Mind Points. If a 6 is rolled, the spell is broken.

AIR:

Healing Wind
This spell restores up to 6 lost Body Points to yourself or an ally.

Lightning Bolt
This spell launches a electrical attack against one enemy you can see, immediately inflicting 2 Body Points of damage.

There's also two abilities I created for the Paladin: Holy Flame (borrowed from the Japanese game system; functions identically to the "Arrows of the Night" Darkness Spell from Wizards of Morcar, though it can be upgraded to use 4 Dice) and Holy Water (which is basically a potion that does either 4 BP damage to an "undead" enemy instead of attacking, or restores 1 lost MP to an ally).

I created an ability for the Ranger class that I guess could be considered a "Detection" spell. Once per quest, he can detect any Traps AND Secret doors in the same room/corridor even if monsters are present... OR he can choose to search a square for traps that is on the opposite side of an open door. Either way (and regardless of outcome), the ability can only be used once per quest.
Kurgan

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:

Return to Cards