• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Flare Magic ?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Flare Magic ?

Postby Maurice76 » Thursday February 28th, 2019 7:09am

What do you mean with the final sentence, though (besides the typo in "advnetures")? Do you mean it can only be used by adventurers with spellcasting ability?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » Thursday February 28th, 2019 7:23am

I'd write "for every 1-4" except if you use a d8. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » Thursday February 28th, 2019 9:11am

Maurice76 wrote:What do you mean with the final sentence, though (besides the typo in "advnetures")? Do you mean it can only be used by adventurers with spellcasting ability?

"only be used by adventurers with spellcasting ability"
Anderas wrote:
I'd write "for every 1-4" except if you use a d8. :)

:oops:

Thanks folks, my English needed help. :)

Should this card be played in the treasure deck or as one of the 3 fire magic cards for the Wizard or Elf ?
What do you people think ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Thursday February 28th, 2019 10:27am

I would get rid of the 1 mind point cost. Few other spells, in any, require that.
Especially considering it already has a huge downside - that the EW can place
fire spaces on a bad roll...possibly quite a few, if the dice are not with you.

Otherwise, I like it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tallyho » Thursday February 28th, 2019 10:31am

" If you get 5 or 6, EW decides where to place the next 2 tokens "
Maybe it should be, " If you get 5 or 6, EW get to place 2 fire tokens " Not sure how to txt this.
EW can only place 2 fire token on a bad roll. These count as a part of all 8 tokens.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » Thursday February 28th, 2019 12:55pm

I would get rid of the mind point cost, also, how long do the flame tokens last for?
"Choose a square in line of sight and place a flame token there. then roll 1 combat dice, if you roll a skull or a white shield you may place 1 flame token in a space next to an existing flame token, if you roll a black shield the EW player places two flame tokens instead. repeat until all 8 flame tokens are placed. when placing flame tokens you may not pass through walls or furniture. Each token does 1 BP of damage to any character on it or passing through it. flame tokens last until the caster leaves LOS on all tokens"
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Thursday February 28th, 2019 4:32pm

I would just add another fire spell card. Well, I have 9. I let the Wizard choose 3 at random upfront the quest.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » Saturday March 2nd, 2019 6:17am

Tott wrote:I would get rid of the mind point cost, also, how long do the flame tokens last for?
"Choose a square in line of sight and place a flame token there. then roll 1 combat dice, if you roll a skull or a white shield you may place 1 flame token in a space next to an existing flame token, if you roll a black shield the EW player places two flame tokens instead. repeat until all 8 flame tokens are placed. when placing flame tokens you may not pass through walls or furniture. Each token does 1 BP of damage to any character on it or passing through it. flame tokens last until the caster leaves LOS on all tokens"

Great ideas.
However the ratio 5/1 (combat dice) would make this a strong card for the spellcaster. For more balance i combined some of your text to mine and added HQ black dice (same effect as D6) with ratio 4/2.
Take a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards