• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Anyone made cards on gamecrafter site?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Anyone made cards on gamecrafter site?

Postby DullandRusty » March 24th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has made cards on thegamecrafter.com . If so, what was the wait time and quality of cards made? Bonus points if you have pictures |_P
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Anyone made cards on gamecrafter site?

Postby whitebeard » March 24th, 2018, 8:44 pm

There ard multiple discussion threads on boardgamegeek. They sound good and the price is fantastic. I just ordered some artifact cards. When those arive the first week of April, I will be ready to order equipment cards and more.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 30th, 2018, 8:52 pm

They arrived several days ago, 4 days early. They came out great. Maybe they could be more premium, but they are very much comparable to the originals. The bridge card size is noticibly different if you were to shuffle them with the originals. The color match on the back is perfect and better than expected but the various fronts are not as consistent... this is on me because I rushed the images. This is not important to me and I'm very happy with the result... 54 Artifact Cards!!!

Mine were cut perfectly, but be advised that they could be off by 1/8 of an inch in any direction.

cards.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby DullandRusty » March 30th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Those look great! How much different was the bridge size than original? Are you talking like 1/4 inch size or just subtle?
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 30th, 2018, 11:35 pm

I'll have to check. It seemed quite a bit larger than the expected difference. 1/8 inch in width maybe. Not enough to notice by looking at them independently. But you can't put them in the same deck without it being obvious.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby DullandRusty » March 31st, 2018, 3:24 am

I assume you are using the NA deck correct? I know the EU deck is slightly smaller. if using the EU deck its possible the bridge deck is really close to the NA deck. if using the NA deck then that means the bridge card size would be way to big for the EU deck.

thanks!
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 31st, 2018, 4:25 am

I have gone through gamecrafter 2 times now, and they are whom I will be going to when I make the order for all of the base set cards and all the cards for all the expansions to ensure they all match in thickness etc. the corners of the cards I had printed in the past are cut exactly the same diameter as the HQ cards. I am very surprised they printed the cards for whitebeard with the MB and year text in the bottom left. Technically they should have denied the order to protect themselves for copyright reasons.

There is another company called boardgamemaker.com that do cards. I recreated a zelda board game from them. It was printed march 20, and is still sitting in some mailing center in China.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 31st, 2018, 11:24 am

phoenixcinder wrote:I have gone through gamecrafter 2 times now, and they are whom I will be going to when I make the order for all of the base set cards and all the cards for all the expansions to ensure they all match in thickness etc. the corners of the cards I had printed in the past are cut exactly the same diameter as the HQ cards. I am very surprised they printed the cards for whitebeard with the MB and year text in the bottom left. Technically they should have denied the order to protect themselves for copyright reasons.

There is another company called boardgamemaker.com that do cards. I recreated a zelda board game from them. It was printed march 20, and is still sitting in some mailing center in China.

I was wondering if it would go through... I expect that if I tried to add this as a "product" which others can see publically and order, then I would get denied. I suspect thier process is to not inspect one of a kind prototypes.

FYI, I printed Bridge cards which have slightly different dimensions than the stock HQ cards. Not sure what size you are ordering which is the same. The width of the card is clearly different. I did not inspect the Diameter of the rounded edges for comparison.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby phoenixcinder » March 31st, 2018, 12:05 pm

whitebeard wrote:FYI, I printed Bridge cards which have slightly different dimensions than the stock HQ cards. Not sure what size you are ordering which is the same. The width of the card is clearly different. I did not inspect the Diameter of the rounded edges for comparison.

yeah I noticed HQ cards are not a true 2.25 width, they are a touch bit thinner. Height seems to match though. One of the reasons I am redoing the whole lot of them including the base set. 54 artifact cards?? Did you make some up, I have a total of 47 prepped, Time to figure out if I missed any
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » March 31st, 2018, 1:02 pm

I haven't played around too much with it yet other than getting the template and designing some priest spells. Do you upload each individual card front and back, or just all the fronts with a single back design they put on? I want to make one big order with multiple types of cards (spells, equipment, etc.)
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards