• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Equipment Cards, how many?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Equipment Cards, how many?

Postby phoenixcinder » March 22nd, 2018, 12:04 pm

Redoing all the equipment cards for the base set so the artwork matches the style of all the other cards. I am curious if one player buys a dagger are they the only one able to buy a dagger, or can other players buy a dagger as well? Want to know if I have to make multiple copies of these equipment cards.

Same question for the potions as well.

Also is there other equipment added through the expansions I may be missing?
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Equipment Cards, how many?

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2018, 12:26 pm

I do it that way yes. Mainly for the reason that the more valuable equipment is there only one time each. But in my game sometimes you can find the lesser equipment in the treasure deck... it's my own system for sure. I have like 300 good treasure cards and some few bad. The pile for one quest has only about 30 or so. Used card go under the large pile. Next time we play I refill the treasure deck from the top of the pile. That way you never know how much gold and healing is in the deck.
Only the traps and wandering monsters are constant because they don't go under the large pile.

So you talk about equipment and I star about my treasure deck? Yes. That's all interconnected. Open that box and you have work for a year. :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 22nd, 2018, 1:19 pm

I didn't follow. So if one person buys a shield noone else can? or everyone can if they want?
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2018, 2:39 pm

Yes in my system yes. But as I have two shields in the equipment and one in the treasure deck, it shouldn't make any problem.

You do as you like: If you have just one shield, I wouldn't play that way.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 22nd, 2018, 2:55 pm

In North America rules, you buy as many as you want and write them down. So if you are going to use cards to replace writing things down, then you need to decide what a reasonable number would be. FYI: There is already an equipment deck available on this site.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 22nd, 2018, 8:33 pm

To not need to print masses of cards, I do it the US way but EU prices. To not waste the original cards, searching the room with the weapons rack, the hero gets to randomly pick a card from the weapons deck, unless a specific weapon is noted in the quest notes.

I may eventually print 1 of each from my armoury. This way, after or before each quest, the deck can be shuffled to represent stock available at the store. Perhaps making the starter deck always available. I like the idea of certain weapons being randomly rare.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 23rd, 2018, 12:48 am

whitebeard wrote:In North America rules, you buy as many as you want and write them down. So if you are going to use cards to replace writing things down, then you need to decide what a reasonable number would be. FYI: There is already an equipment deck available on this site.

Yeah I already got the equipment deck from here. Ended up reconstructing it because the art on those differ too much from the art on the normal cards. Also added the cost of the equipment to the cards too.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 23rd, 2018, 9:20 am

Can you please post your new art somewhere? A temporary link to Google drive would be fantastic.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 23rd, 2018, 12:36 pm

whitebeard wrote:Can you please post your new art somewhere? A temporary link to Google drive would be fantastic.

Never used Google Drive before. Let me know if this works

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... tdbaU0PY9A
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 23rd, 2018, 3:23 pm

I just asked for access. :D

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards