• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Card backs with bleed room

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Card backs with bleed room

Postby knightkrawler » March 29th, 2018, 4:10 am

I have to say your blues look better, but I'd prefer the parchment to be more crisp
and maybe the browns and yellows a tad more saturated.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby phoenixcinder » March 29th, 2018, 4:25 am

If by parchment you mean the text and that wavy thing its overlaid on I plan on making a master and replacing it on all 8 card backs so its universal and uniform
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 29th, 2018, 6:25 am

Another card back comparison with the universal text strip

phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » March 29th, 2018, 9:09 am

phoenixcinder wrote:Another card back comparison with the universal text strip

To cut down on printing expenses, since I know your financial situation is rough right now... would you be willing to consider just emailing me a file with the cards you've done formatted to the proper dimensions and i could just print them myself.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby phoenixcinder » March 29th, 2018, 12:59 pm

That is going to be a fair bit away still. I have to re-bleed these 8 card backs. The back of the equipment cards have a different font and parchment on it so I want to change that so it stays consistent with the rest. Took the witchlord booklet in to the print shop yesterday to match the paper types the proof should be ready today. If its good then I am green light on all the quest book reprints. Then there is the tile issue. I Hate how some skulls have rocks on the back while others have pitfalls on the back. I plan on making a bunch of the core square tiles that are the same thing on both ends so I am not endlessly flipping them to find the one with the right thing on the back.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 6th, 2018, 2:16 am

phoenixcinder wrote:. . . Once these cards are primed if any of the admins want them to update the design page gimme a shout. . . .

It's great to have print-service friendly files available to print. Once their done (or before if you like), the thing to do is post a suggestion that the files be added to the appropriate download pages. Link: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards