• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My First Card Sets - WH4thEd Spells For All 8 Colleges + Ice

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: My First Card Sets - WH4thEd Spells For All 8 Colleges +

Postby Gold Bearer » February 12th, 2016, 8:12 am

Done the magic cards. :)
Magic Cards: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lqhoo ... _Cards.zip
Also wrote an intro in the opening post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My First Card Sets - WH4thEd Spells For All 8 Colleges +

Postby Gold Bearer » February 14th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Full Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/joi73 ... _Magic.zip

Here it be. The final (hopefully) college magic all in one download. I've neatened it up a bit and corrected the silly typo mistakes (especially the magic cards), changed and edited a couple of pics, changed a few of the spells (off the top of my head, deathly shards and bridge of shadows to make them different from ice shards and bridge of ice, savage beast of horrors, earth blood and fools gold so they not overpowered and crystal cloak because I made a complete mess of it the first time) and altered a few rules to make it play better. Hatred isn't so overpowered now, they can only reroll one dice. The EWP can now use total power, the only magic card they can't use is escape (now brings them back on 1BP instead of full) but they can hold on to it to stop the college wizard player from getting it. The biggest change is a much better and simpler (it's always 2D6 now like in WH) way of dealing magic cards. Instead of doing it every turn which would soon become a total pain, they now roll a combat dice at the start of their turn, skull = keep the cards you've got, white shield = discard them and deal again, black shield = just discard them.

I haven't ignored you advice mitchiemasha, it's just that I had four bad options.
1. Simplify the spells so that they're based on the WH spells in spirit rather than as close as possible (while still being fairly balanced) translations.
2. Make the text smaller.
3. Put incomplete rules on some of the cards and refer them to full rules list.
4. Leave them the way I've been doing them.
I chose what I think is the lesser of four evils.

Edit:
Found a mistake. The ice wizard's skill was the same as the light wizard's from where I copied it. It should be 'Standard melee attacks are ice based.' Fixed now.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards