• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Boots

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Boots

Postby mitchiemasha » October 12th, 2015, 5:51 am

And no ones said it... MAM. Man it's all I ever go on about on here. Move the movement of 1 dice, attack, move the movement of the other. Or, if you want to limit it, the effect is only usable on rolling doubles. These would be some sort of 'agility' boots, can't remember if we ever named them in other threads.

Swift shoes would be a good name for a speedy set.
Some kind of jumping pits boots.
Sneak shoes... win a Test of mind, Monster can't attack that character that go.

I have 2 options for a test of mind. More playtesting is needed to see which is the best. Pick one and use it for all Test of Mind situations.

1 Subtract the mind value of the Monster from the Hero and the Hero must roll equal to or lower than that value.
2 Both players must role equal to or lower than their Mind points.

To explain the second more, to pull off sneak the Hero needs to successfully pass an MP test and the monster needs to fail an MP test. If the monster passes and you pass it's still a fail. Making sneak hard for the bulky Barbarian but easy for the Elf, with the Undead easy to pass and the Wizard would be presumed to be using some kind of magic. Also brings in a new class, the thief, high MP (4 or 5) but no magic, comes with sneak shoes as standard.

I think I prefer the second. A lIl harder to explain but works so simply in game.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Road Warrior » October 12th, 2015, 6:13 am

knightkrawler wrote:
The Road Warrior wrote:I was considering 'Boots of Estalian Leather'

cookie for the first person to get the reference...

Is Spanish leather a thing. I thought Italian was. And the Old World's version of Italy is Tilea, while Estalia is close to Spain, in GW's weird way of using clichés.

Close, but no cookie. 'Boots of Spanish Leather' is definitely a 'thing'.

mitchiemasha wrote:And no ones said it... MAM. Man it's all I ever go on about on here...

Interesting ideas. I always thought to add MAM as a class ability. It may actually replace the Elf's spell set in my game, with the Wizard taking all 4 spell sets.
The sneak shoes sound fun, I'm not sure which of your 2 options for a test of mind.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 12th, 2015, 7:21 am

For for all of us Euro players...

Boots of the Tracker
These boots allow you to move into empty square, even though you already moved through that square during this turn.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » October 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Goblin-King wrote:For for all of us Euro players...

Boots of the Tracker
These boots allow you to move into empty square, even though you already moved through that square during this turn.

hahaha, i've never understood this rule :)
Thanks for the Name ideas
Sandals, Leather boots, greaves, plated boots, War Boots, Orthopedic shoes.

I like the last name best! |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 12th, 2015, 4:20 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:Close, but no cookie. 'Boots of Spanish Leather' is definitely a 'thing'.

But Spanish Leather is a perfume. For leather, yes, but it is not leather in itself.
And in my post was included that I did know what you were referencing, I was just wrongfully second-guessing the applicability.
Ah well, that's OK, I'll take :cheese: and a |_P ;)

Anderas wrote:hahaha, i've never understood this rule :)

It's not that they didn't know from playtesting how players would block doors once they've opened it. I think this rule was written to speed up the game essentially, by luring heroes into direct attacks and keeping them from fleeing back outside the rrom, setting up the Phallic Phalanx.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » October 12th, 2015, 4:50 pm

I think it's a good rule actually.
Thematically it might not make that much sense, but as a gameplay mechanic it works great.
It kinda forces players to be more confrontational.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 12th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Goblin-King wrote:I think it's a good rule actually.
Thematically it might not make that much sense, but as a gameplay mechanic it works great.
It kinda forces players to be more confrontational.

Exactly.
I replaced it with this optional rule, as a compromise:
Villain Surprise
Immediately after a hero has opened a door and ended their turn, one of the villains just set up may move and attack. It has regular turns from your next turn on.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » October 13th, 2015, 12:48 am

Sounds like the EWP Deck card "Interrupt"

:)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » October 13th, 2015, 7:38 am

The Road Warrior wrote:Interesting ideas. I always thought to add MAM as a class ability. It may actually replace the Elf's spell set in my game, with the Wizard taking all 4 spell sets.
The sneak shoes sound fun, I'm not sure which of your 2 options for a test of mind.

Even better give him the bow and use the AHQ mini. Elf Archer Hero, no spell set, MAM.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 13th, 2015, 5:08 pm

I used this rule for an assassin. It's slightly overpowered, especially against Undead.
If availability is limited, like 1 card = 1 instant of MAM and it's used like a spell, then you're good to go.
I just wrote it as my first training card, where the 1 instant costs 150 gold and the card is retained permanently (1 use per quest, 6 cards available for 4 heroes). That's my first draft, don't know yet if it makes sense.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Cards