• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MadMickyG's Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: MadMickyG's Cards

Postby MadMickyG » March 18th, 2016, 4:10 pm

We dont spar in Circular Tong Long.
We dont play around. :twisted:
Closest we come to that is square fighting. You pick your jong (practical move application) and your opponent picks theirs.
You each stand on a corner and the other instructor (yes, I am an instructor :D ) calls "IN"
You both move to the middle of the square and try to do your technique on them, while they are trying to do their technique on you.
Its okay when you are the same level. But becomes very interesting if you are not.

But the animal forms is another good idea.
Trying to keep it simple fr the moment. Have been thinking about Karmic points and upgrading for the Monk too.
Will post more when I have my thoughts organised.

Combining of stances would be limited to cannot combine opposites. ie Fire/Water and Air/Earth cannot be combined.
Might just make it, once I get Master levels sorted, you can switch between stances each round without using an action.
More thinking required.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » March 19th, 2016, 4:22 pm

MadMickyG wrote:yes, I am an instructor :D
Is that new? Last time we spoke about it you said you were teaching sometimes but I don't think you were officially an instructor.

Just looked at your cards. Spells lasting until another spell of the same type is cast is an interesting idea. There's double space on wall of fire (the official one is called wall of flame in case you didn't know, I made that mistake but yours is a bit different so it might be deliberate) between then and discard and most of the spell names could do with realignment, they're too far to the left. ;)

I'm not against combining stances for gameplay reasons, it just seems wrong from a martial arts perspective, especially if you use the animal forms.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » March 19th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Last time, I was at instructor level, but didnt have the instructor shirt.
One of the other Sihings organised for my shirt, so I do more instructing now. Do enjoy teaching.

With the spacing, I aligned the text boxes to fit more in. But may need to redo them if they are an issue.

I was thinking about combining stances yesterday and realised you could only combined a maximum of two, as their will always be two opposite stances, which I was going to make something that couldnt be done.
Fire+Air+Water........Fire and Water are opposites.
Air+Earth+Water......Air and Earth are opposites.
And so on. So probably not a big deal if they dont combine.
The bonus would be being able to switch from one stance to another in the same round without using an action.

Oh, I need to go and read all the Karmic stuff people discussed with Monks, as I have an idea for Master levels.
Currently, my monk keeps only 100GP after a quest. I divide the rest amongst my other characters.
Was thinking that if the Monk donates to a 'charity' or to the monastery, for every 100GP, he gains 1 Karmic point.
Level 1 Master costs 10 Karmic points to undergo the training. Level 2 costs 20 Karmic points, Level 3 is 30 and so on.
Essentially, the level is costing 1000,2000,3000,4000 gold each level. The benefit for the level would be an extra die added for Stance bonus.
Also, I think I remember something about using Karmic points for healing. I was thinking along the lines of use 1 Karmic point to heal 1 BP for the Monk, but 1 Karmic point heals 2 BP for anyone else. ie: helping others is better Karma.

As I said, they are some ideas, but I need to review all the Monk info that I read in the forums previously.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 19th, 2016, 8:24 pm

MadMickyG wrote:Last time, I was at instructor level, but didnt have the instructor shirt.
One of the other Sihings organised for my shirt, so I do more instructing now. Do enjoy teaching.
I love teaching middle level grades, beginners are frustrating and higher levels know enough to learn through practice and observation but middle grades are fun to teach because they know the basics and you can teach them advanced and flashy stuff that people love to learn and it's great to see them doing it for the first time and how chuffed they are. The middle grades was definitely the most fun stage of my training, I miss it.

MadMickyG wrote:The bonus would be being able to switch from one stance to another in the same round without using an action.
That would be a nice way of doing it.

MadMickyG wrote:Oh, I need to go and read all the Karmic stuff people discussed with Monks, as I have an idea for Master levels.
Currently, my monk keeps only 100GP after a quest. I divide the rest amongst my other characters.
Was thinking that if the Monk donates to a 'charity' or to the monastery, for every 100GP, he gains 1 Karmic point.
Level 1 Master costs 10 Karmic points to undergo the training. Level 2 costs 20 Karmic points, Level 3 is 30 and so on.
Essentially, the level is costing 1000,2000,3000,4000 gold each level. The benefit for the level would be an extra die added for Stance bonus.
Also, I think I remember something about using Karmic points for healing. I was thinking along the lines of use 1 Karmic point to heal 1 BP for the Monk, but 1 Karmic point heals 2 BP for anyone else. ie: helping others is better Karma.

As I said, they are some ideas, but I need to review all the Monk info that I read in the forums previously.
Some great ideas, especially getting more karma from helping others. You could split it in to two classes if there's too much, a monk with stances and ki powers and a daoist priest with alchemy and karmic skills.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 19th, 2016, 9:59 pm

I do have a Barbarian I converted to a Northern Monk. They are more power/physical based.
Looking at Gimmeyergolds monk, ( viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1967&hilit=karmic ) it is a very spiritual Monk.
The monk I play is a mix of physical and spiritual.

I am going to work on the Karmic list.
Might even make it cost a Karmic point to enter a Stance. So you need to work hard to earn each Master level.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 20th, 2016, 10:57 am

Looking forward to seeing how you develop this. It might be a bit much to squeeze into one character but it would be great to use for a group of four eastern heroes. Monk (unarmoured, ki powers, stances), Daoist Priest (healing, karma, alchemy), Samurai (slow, defence based combat), Ninja (fast, stealth, offence based combat). :) Maybe they could share some abilities like karma and have different variations of power, ki, qi, chi.

Congratulations on getting your instructor shirt by the way. |_P

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 24th, 2016, 7:12 pm

This is me thinking out loud......on the forums anyway. Feel free to comment, but its more for me to develop my Monk/s. Will probably do the different style Monk types, Monk, Daoist Priest, Samurai and Ninja. Could even be North/South/East/West type monks. :D

Monk Rules:

Gaining Karmic points: For every 100gp the Monk donates to the monastery before or after the quest, they gain 1 Karmic point. For donating to another character, the Monk receives 1 Karmic point every 500gp.
For every one of Zargon/Morcars forces killed by the Monk, gain 1 Karmic point, 2 points for any named monster.

To train at the monastery to upgrade their Master level, each Monk must spend 10 Karmic points per Master Level to complete their training. As in Level 1=10 Karmic points, Level 2 = 20 Karmic points, Level 3 = 30 and so on. After obtaining a new Master level, the Monk essentially starts from 0 Karmic points.
Karmic points are always rounded up if there is any issue with Karmic division. (Karma's a bitch, remember! :lol: )

Every three Master levels, add one extra die to natural Attack dice and dual wielding total.

Karmic Healing: The Monk can heal by expending 1 Karmic point per Master level to heal 1 BP for the Monk, but 1 Karmic point per Master level heals 2 BP for anyone else. Karmic Healing requires touching the target.
Karmic Cleansing: The Monk can cure Zombie Infection or Mummy Curse by expending 2 Karmic point per Master level. It costs 4 Karmic point per Master level to cure themselves. Karmic cleansing requires touching the target.
Karmic Leap: For every 1 Karmic point spent, the Monk can leap that many squares as long as it is in a straight or diagonal line. The Monk requires at least 1 movement point to Leap and cannot Leap around corners. This can be used as many times in the Monks standard movement, as long as the Monk has movement points and Karmic points to do so. This allows a Monk to Leap over a pit trap or an occupied square.
Karmic Restoration: The Monk can restore lost Mind points to any character by expending 3 Karmic points for each Mind point, 5 Karmic points to restore their own.
Karmic Resurrection: If a character is reduced to 0 BP in a room and the Monk can see the fallen character, the Monk can perform a Karmic Resurrection. If there is space adjacent to the fallen character, the Monk can Leap next to them and heal them to half their normal BP. This costs 4 Karmic points plus 1 Karmic point for every square to reach the fallen player if the Monk has not had their turn, or 7 Karmic points plus 1 Karmic point for every square to reach the fallen player if they have already had their turn.

Meditation: This can only be done if the Monk has zero Karmic points. The Monk may meditate for one round per Master level. Roll a Combat die for each round of meditation. Add 1 Karmic point if a Skull is rolled, 2 points if Shield is rolled, 0 if a Black Shield is rolled. If 2 Black shields are rolled in sequence, a Wandering monster appears and attacks the Monk. Reaction Strike does not work during Meditation.

Stances:

Air Stance - Move with speed and focus when attacking due to increased speed. Reduce Attack die by one, but add 1 attack at Master level 1. Increase by 1 attack every 3 Master after 1st level.
Earth Stance - Ground yourself to the earth, improving your defense against incoming attacks. No chance of Dodge but can ignore every single BP of damage at Master level 1. Increase BP absorbed for every 2 Master levels after 1st level.
Fire Stance - Channel your inner fire in to your fists. Reduce Defense die by one, add one Attack die at Master level 1. Increase by 1 die for every 3 Master levels.
Water Stance - Move fluidly and gracefully, avoiding any incoming attacks and improving chance for Counterstrike. Reduce Defense die by one, roll an extra die to Dodge at Master level 1. Increase by one die for every 2 Master levels after 1st level.
Light Stance - Fill yourself with spirit to combat the undead. When fighting undead in this stance, if you roll more skulls than their natural Defense dice, they are destroyed instantly, otherwise damage is normal. Karmic costs are halved in this stance.
Dark Stance - Reverse the flow of energy to heal yourself by doing damage to others. When fighting an opponent, every BP of damage you do restores you for the same amount. This stance costs 1 Karmic point per Master level each round due to its evil nature. Does not work on undead.

Entering a stance: Requires an action and costs 1 Karmic point per Master level. If the Monk spends 5 Karmic points per level, they can change stances without using an action.
Movement: While in a stance, roll 3 Standard dice and choose the best 2.

Thought on stances. Still a possibility of going with animal stances, as Gold Bearer suggested. But will try these out for the moment. :)
Another thought I had. The kung fu I did previously had the 4 normal elements, plus Metal and Wood. Maybe I should do those as stance as well, to keep with Chinese style philosophy.
Last edited by MadMickyG on March 27th, 2016, 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 25th, 2016, 2:29 am

Another bonus for Master levels.:

Every three Master levels, add one extra die to natural Attack dice and dual wielding total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 26th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Minor update to Karmic ability and gaining Karmic points.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » March 29th, 2016, 5:27 pm

Monk Stance Card Back Cover.

Might make slight changes to tie all colours in, but the image is fine I think.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Cards