• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MadMickyG's Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Agin's Spell Cards

Postby MadMickyG » February 21st, 2015, 10:22 am

Monk starts with 6 Body, 5 Mind points.

Characters 'start' with normal average weapons, which do not get critical strikes. They must have a 'found' or purchased weapon to gain critical strike ability.
I get your point on rolling the critical with less dice, as it was something I thought about. As we actually roll the damage, you can critical and still only get the initial skulls (I rolled 7 dice to defend and got no shields, it happens)
But your 3 skulls idea does give some overall consistency. Plus gives the monsters a good critical chance too. Not using it yet, but might do so on the non-standard quests. An Orc archer getting a critical shot would make my kids scream in pain for their hero, or glee when they are playing the Evil wizard. (Which they all love to do. Nothing like being allowed to try and kill your siblings!)

And meditating isnt nothing. :P It requires focus and no other action. I might change the amount of turns it takes, or was thinking of adding in wandering monster rule if you take too long in meditation.
Just want the abilities to not overpower the monk.
It is as you said, making a sacrifice on one hand, to add something to the other. Always room for tweaking though.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » February 21st, 2015, 3:18 pm

MadMickyG wrote:I have some history in martial arts training...
:D Hello brother! |_P

I love what the done with the edited images. I haven't read all the cards yet but I've got a couple of suggestions. The skeleton archer has 2BP. Ordinary skeletons should be very weak. I think it should just be a standard skelly with a bow. Also the first letter of 'this' needs to be capitalised. Two more ki cards would be good. Nine is a better nuymber than seven to have because it matches the wizards spells and you've used nine card backs anyway in the pdf. What's a balefiend? Do they get the monk cards? I think I'd either change the orc archers attack dice to two or replace it with an orc crossbowman, or both. That's not a chaos goblin, this is a chaos goblin. :)
Chaos Goblin.jpg
Thanks to tomedwardsconcepts for the picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » February 21st, 2015, 6:52 pm

MadMickyG wrote:Some other artefect cards I made to use the second set of cards.
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/02/21/a ... rds-extra/

And some monsters too. Had a Fimir archer, but didnt keep him. Missing the Orc barbarian card, although I have a miniature for it.
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/02/21/m ... rds-extra/

Oh a Fimir archer is boss!
You should have kept him.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » February 21st, 2015, 9:52 pm

Used the bow from the Fimir on another Orc, have 4 Orc archers. Mght still have the Fimir card graphics somewhere. DOnt destroy much of what I make. Never know when it might be needed.
Took a crossbow from a henchman miniature from another game, glued it to a goblin.
Liked the idea of the Fimir archer, as he was going to be a Fimir Ranger for the Orions Legacy quest I have to complete.
The Chaos goblin was a suggestion by my son. As the primer paint to recolor the player figures is a similar grey to the Chaos Warriors, I took shields from other henchman types,moved the goblins arms, then glued the shields on. Painted them grey, and suddenly we have three Choas Goblins. I like your image, but it would give my kids nightmares I think. :P

The body points arent actually being used that way, as it was becoming even more difficult to do the quests, as we add 1 extra BP per player. At the moment, while the rules are simplified for my kids, we have 1 BP per player. Makes it good when there is more players, but not overly difficult going solo.

I agree with the Monk abilities needing a few more. Have another one made, but not happy with the name atm. Called Internal Alignment: When you focus your Ki in to your mind and body, you can move faster than normal, doubling your number of attacks each round. You may only move 2D4 spaces while using this ability, as it requires very intense concentration. Cost: Three Mind Points
Found this graphic for it

Still thinking of another one. Any ideas more than welcome.
Last edited by MadMickyG on February 23rd, 2015, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » February 21st, 2015, 10:50 pm

A really good power for a Monk is the always desirable Move, Hit, Move. That is to say he may make part of his move, attack then finish the remainder of his move.
That ability as an 'at will power' (for lack of a better term) will make the Monk truly a force to be reckoned with without the need for more abilities and powers.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby slev » February 22nd, 2015, 6:00 am

Power name ideas:
Centre Self
Inner Calm
Know Self

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 22nd, 2015, 6:40 am

MadMickyG wrote:Still thinking of another one. Any ideas more than welcome.
Hadoken! :D
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » February 22nd, 2015, 7:35 am

Haha Gold Bearer, love it. But no. ;)

Just as something to do, while I am sick....I have been making ranger spells (due to my love of the class in AD&D)

Not too many, but have Barkskin (I know its in the Forest spells, but I made a different graphic for it), Longstrider, Camouflage and Rams Might.
We have the potential for 3 rangers in out group, and each Ranger gets 2 ranger spells (they do after I changed the cards anyway) Thinking of 1 healing spell at least and Neutralise Poison.

Will get some pics up soon. Amazing what you can do when you have some time, Photoshop and unlimited access to pictures on the internet. :P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » February 22nd, 2015, 9:52 am

Thought I'd put these up too. Weapon Rack cards as an optional choice (I have 3 Weapon Racks, so random loot seems to keep my kids happy.)

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/02/22/w ... -treasure/

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » February 23rd, 2015, 12:30 am

Just for your cynthialee. He wasnt far away.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Cards