• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's equipment cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Lemmeron's equipment cards

Postby whitebeard » April 29th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Absolutely stunning! I'm going to have to look-up how to get cards professionally printed!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Lemmeron » April 29th, 2015, 11:22 pm

Whitebeard, I started by trying to do them at home, and as I said to get the back to align properly with the front on a home printer is hit and miss at best, then trimming them you will always end up with slightly different sizes. For me, i looked at the cost to get them professionally printed and shipped to Australia, and I would have spent over half of that on good quality photo paper and ink alone... It was a no brainer. The first (weapons) deck I ordered as a test was on 310 gsm paper and they were great. So we play tested them, and I made adjustments to a lot of things tweaking gold costs, dice, descriptions etc and then got the weapon deck and the armour deck printed as full plastic cards. They feel amazing in your hand, it as well worth the effort to have something that will end up becoming a family heirloom boardgame by the time I am done and I KNOW it will last generations :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » April 29th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Lemmeron wrote:Count Mohawk, pretty much everything was done in Photoshop. The dice symbols are available from heaps of places if you search paper or printable dice. However drathe is one of the contributors at hero scribe and in trying to retrace my steps to answer your question they have dice hosted on that site here infact they have a lot of useful resources like Ye olde inn.

No, I already have the dice icons themselves. What I meant to ask was, what did you do to line them up so well in Photoshop? The spacing between each icon on your cards is uniform, which is good. I don't have enough patience to line up multicolor icon images manually for each card, and to my knowledge text fonts can only be monocolor (otherwise I would just splice all the different images into my custom variation on ITC-Clearface).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 30th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Count me in for a set if all works out. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 1st, 2015, 12:56 am

Count Mohawk wrote:What I meant to ask was, what did you do to line them up so well in Photoshop? The spacing between each icon on your cards is uniform, which is good. I don't have enough patience to line up multicolor icon images manually for each card, and to my knowledge text fonts can only be monocolor (otherwise I would just splice all the different images into my custom variation on ITC-Clearface).

I created the dice as follows:
1. I created a background layer for the dice and created a outline square (ie no fill just the outer lines)
2. I used the magic wand to select the skull, shield or black shield image only off the original files, and then created a new layer and pasted it, and then
centered it on the square.
3.I made a separate layer for each of the possible dice faces ie skull, shield, black shield etc.
4.then it was a simple matter of altering the background colour for the dice colour, and using the blending options to change the image "printed" on the face of
the dice between white and black.
5.Once that was done I saved each colour and type of dice once as a linked group and duplicated it when i needed multiple of the same one.

Re. alignment - I used a fair number of guide lines on my card templates, and had text boxes within those, and inserted the dice in the correct spots within the text boxes. I used the arrow keys to nudge them 3 nudges from touching i think it was, so the gap was always the same.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 1st, 2015, 1:22 am

So here are the Artifact cards found in the original EU game system modified to fit my new rule system.

I felt that Borin's Armour gave one character too much of a defense advantage over the others, and at zero cost - and totally removed the need for upgrades to that character's armour. Now it gives all characters the same defense rating (2 purple dice ONLY), and still can defend up to 4 hits, but it is much more likely to only defend 2 on average. These changes make it have positive and negatives for all characters as it doesnt take into account their natural character dice for defense(which is great for the barbarian, but not for elf)

Orc's Bane now bestows the same damage for all characters by not allowing a character to roll their natural attack die when using it in their main hand - as such all characters benefit equally from using it. It adds an extra orange dice when rolling attacks against orcs, (which can add upto an additional 2 damage on the attack) - so it keeps the idea of an extra attack and the original damage, but incorporates it into just a single attack roll for that weapon. This makes it the best offhand weapon in my game system damage-wise available to non barbarians.

The Spirit Blade is still a 3 dice weapon against normal monsters - (1 character die + 2 from the weapon) but adds an orange die to attack rolls against undead so has the potenital to hit for 5 skulls against undead - but rarely.

The Talisman of the Mind now is useful for all characters...
It adds the standard 2 mind points to those characters that need it most...
But i felt that for the others 2 extra mind points when you already have heaps was a waste of an artifact and made it go to the Barbarian or Dwarf by default. Now it gives spellcasters the ability to memorise an additional mastery spell making it a desirable item by all 4 classes for different reasons.

The wand of recall was exactly the same as the game system one so I just turned it over to show the back of the cards

I hope you like these changes !

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » May 1st, 2015, 5:38 pm

I like them. :D Always love the work others have done on here with the card sets. Would like to buy them all, the original sets the inn members have created. I am terrible at the printing and laminating. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » May 1st, 2015, 9:21 pm

Lemmeron wrote:So I went the full photoshop high Rez design and professional print mode.

Nice work

Who did you use to print these?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » May 2nd, 2015, 12:37 am

I would LOVE to get a set. You should get a few more sets done and sell a few to us! Or at least share the files and let us know who you used? :mrgreen:
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 2nd, 2015, 8:52 am

I guess I should be able to organise some sets of cards for people by ordering the sets again off the company and changing the delivery address at checkout to the address of each person who wants them. That way I can tell each person exactly what it would cost them, and then they will get it hot off the press and delivered to their door :)

Let me continue uploading some more pics and explaining how it all works, please continue expressing your interest if you want a set, and in a few weeks I can start taking details from people and working out costs.

The other thing we have to work out is the best way of making all the coloured dice readily available. Depending of how many people want them it might be worth working something out /shrug

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards