• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's equipment cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Lemmeron's equipment cards

Postby Lemmeron » April 28th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Updated link April 2020
EDIT*** Here is a link to my cards in jpeg format https://postimg.cc/gallery/yBDKBr5***

Finished cards printed professionally, photo Oct 2020.
See page 10 for more photos

Original post:
yep, another custom card thread.

This is a bit of a preview of a few of the cards I have made for my family for hero quest.

I originally was going to go the print at home route, but being a perfectionist I couldn't handle it when the front of the card didn't line up proper with the back due to home printer duplex mode sucking.

So I went the full photoshop high Rez design and professional print mode.

A summery of my card system
* utilises the black, green, orange and purple combat dice
* all heroes now have different starting dice that serve to differentiate them all. Barbarian higher chance to hit and be hit. Dwarf standard. Elf lesser chance to hit and be hit. Wizard lesser chance to hit and more of being hit.
* magical attack or effects using purple dice.
* equipment cards add to characters starting dice in most circumstances rather than simply replacing them
* dual wielding balanced and fun
* helmet and bracers function changed.
* new armour rules for heavy armour
* artifact cards revamped for new combat dice and system
* artwork attempts to tie in with old school cards but cards are higher quality than the originals (the ones shown are full plastic and so will never wear out)

Here are a few of the results- they look a bit yellow in the photos though - shouldn't have used blue background I guess

Wizard weapons

Wizard armour

My solution to armour helms and shields (only a few of them shown)

A few examples of weapons.

Last edited by Lemmeron on November 5th, 2020, 4:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lemmeron's equipment cards

Postby knightkrawler » April 29th, 2015, 12:42 am

Niiiiice.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » April 29th, 2015, 1:09 am

Some one has been very busy, well done.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Diggin » April 29th, 2015, 4:52 am

Oh my, this is high quality.. i beter have a second look at my own creations now...
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » April 29th, 2015, 9:38 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. This project sort of just kept growing... It started as simply as wanting to make female characters for my girls. Then I saw the multi coloured dice... Then it opened up soo many extra possibilities that it just kept growing. A lot of hours went into simply working out all the probabilities of rolling multi coloured dice and working out upgrade progression of the dice yet keeping it within normal limits.

I always felt hero quest weapons in particular were a wasted set of cards 1 upgrade for barbarian at best, 2 for any of the others. And armour wasn't much better. Yet there is so much gold earned in book 1 that it became useless... Not anymore :)

If there is enough interest I can go into further detail. So please feel free to comment / ask questions along the way.

I will try to keep updating the overall project regularly, I am playing a lot of catchup as I didn't want to post until I actually had stuff to show and write about- now there is too much lol

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » April 29th, 2015, 10:35 am

Very nice! Are these going to be available for others to use as well?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » April 29th, 2015, 10:51 am

Those are very professional-looking cards there! What did you do to get the skull icons to come out so well? I have a custom font, but it can only do one color at a time.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » April 29th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Count Mohawk, pretty much everything was done in Photoshop. The dice symbols are available from heaps of places if you search paper or printable dice. However drathe is one of the contributors at hero scribe and in trying to retrace my steps to answer your question they have dice hosted on that site here infact they have a lot of useful resources like Ye olde inn.

Stratos if enough people are interested it is something I will look at, I still am working on all the spell cards at the moment. My focus is getting it all done for my family and play testing everything.

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » April 29th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Your cards are wonderful!
I would love to play at your table.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » April 29th, 2015, 7:36 pm

I would second Stratos' request for the cards. They are awesome. I'd be happy to try and convert them to the NA format.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Cards