GimmeYerGold's [revised] Custom Cards Preview: Encounters

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: GimmeYerGold's [revised] Custom Cards Preview: Encounter

Postby Anderas » Wednesday March 4th, 2015 4:09pm

Sometimes your english is too much for me.
What's a "dillwad"?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby knightkrawler » Wednesday March 4th, 2015 4:27pm

I know dickwad and am not afraid to use it. Enlighten me about dillwad.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » Wednesday March 4th, 2015 4:36pm

Must suck when your Google breaks...

Mine is working, so here you go:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dillwad

dillwad

Someone that lacks so much intelligence that they do not realize how ridiculously they are behaving. A straight up moron. An imbecile.

"Remember when John drank all those beers last night and started harassing Katie?"

"Yeah, he was acting like a complete dillwad."
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Wednesday March 4th, 2015 4:40pm

I looked on leo.org. Geez...
Then again, they don't have dickwad either. So dickwad and dillwad are basically the same.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Wednesday March 4th, 2015 4:42pm

no a dickwad is someone being a complete jerk

a dillwad is an idiot and acting doltishly
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » Friday March 6th, 2015 6:17am

Difference between insulting people by being dumb and being insulting people by unlpeasant.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday March 7th, 2015 2:25am

My Google was running, but instinctively i was using Leo.org as well. It's a dictionary that normally has answers to all the words.
And Slev, thanks, google wouldn't have delivered that.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday March 28th, 2015 1:32am

We just used the Door closing card ("no Escape") and found two little points:

- Would the Djinn be able to open this closed door?
- Me as non-native speaker, I found the wording on the card difficult to understand. I had to read it twice.

Apart from that, I think they are great fun to use!

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Monday June 22nd, 2015 4:43pm

More feedback, take it or leave it:

You didn't include the Map card from Sjeng's/Chaotic Prime's deck. Did you read the blog entry for Eyes of Chaos where Sjeng cited a problem? It is possible to fix, if you're interested.

Ambush!
    "Use when you an enemy figure's movement reveals the contents of a room or corridor." > Use when a figure's movement reveals the contents of a room or corridor. It appears "you" is a transcribing typo. Also, monsters are excluded from revealing rooms or corridors, so specifying "enemy" is unnecessary.
Ambush!, Chaos Energy, Creeping Shadow, Distraction, Summon Furniture, Miss!, Ruthless Attack
    I'd simplify all occurrences of "enemy figure" > figure. Morcar/Zargon will be playing these cards against Heroes and their allies, so it can be assumed those figures are enemies. Stylistically, I like a shorter term for better flow. :2cents:

In contrast, the specificity of "enemy figures" is necessary in Hallucination and Bat Swarm because these cards affect all Heroes and their allies on the gameboard differently than monsters.
Summon Furniture
    "Use when you an enemy figure's movement reveals..." > Use when an enemy figure's movement reveals... It appears "you" is a transcribing typo.
Gaseous Explosion, Gory Explosion
    If you switch the images between the more violent-appearing Gaseous Explosion and the more cloud-like Gory Explosion, I think you'd get a better match. :2cents:
Hallucination
    I'd change "...monsters may move through any square occupied by a hallucinating figure, however, enemy figures may not." > ...monsters may move through any squares occupied by hallucinating figures, though enemy figures may not.
Lost Loot!
    I'd change "Choose the enemy figure that is carrying the greatest number of gold coins." > Choose the Hero that is carrying the most gold coin treasure. Likewise, "The figure" and "The enemy figure" could be changed to the Hero or they. The rationale is Mercenaries don't receive treasure (p.9 of the BQP), so only Heroes may have gold coins or gems.

It might be worth adding: A gem may be subtracted if necessary, even if it is worth more than the rolled amount. I'm not sure if you're after that much detail, however.
Lure of Chaos
    I'd change "Choose one Mercenary hired by an enemy figure,..." > Choose one Mercenary hired by a Hero,... The rationale is only a Hero can hire Mercenaries. Also, change "...the mercenary becomes a monster controlled by you." > ...the Mercenary becomes a monster controlled by you..
No Escape!
    "This door cannot be opened again until the next start of the current turn" sounds awkward to me. Some alternatives: This door cannot be opened for a full round of turns or This door cannot be opened until the current turn starts again.
Raise the Dead
    I'd amend "The monster rises up from the ground with all Body and Mind points restored." > The same monster rises up from where it died with all Body and Mind Points restored.
Stumble!
    I'd change "Choose the enemy figure that is carrying the greatest number of potions." > Choose the Hero that is carrying the greatest number of potions. Also change other occurrences of figure > Hero. The rationale is Heroes can carry potions while Mercenaries can't (p.9 of BQP.) Maybe expand "...that is carrying the greatest number of potions." > ...that is carrying the greatest number of potions (determine randomly if even.) Do you want the detail?
Swarm of Bats
    I suppose it's okay the entire board is affected as it keeps things simple. However, Hero Quest usually restricts large effects to a single room or corridor. Should this card be restricted in like measure?
Undead Hero
    I'd change "Use if you reveal..." > Use when you reveal...
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday March 5th, 2018 2:51pm

cynthialee wrote:Still needs a handful of other cards to fill it out:

Teleport Trap-The EWP selects a hero that enters a new discovered room and that Hero is teleported to the stairwell.

Enchanted Mirror-Each hero that see's his reflection in this mirror must fight a clone of themselves that walks out of the mirror. If the copy wins then the 'hero' is under control by the EWP.

Deadly Potion-Played when a Hero drinks a potion. It turns out the potion is deadly and inflicts a Body Point.

Perfect Parry-Played when a monster rolls 2 or more black shields. Heroes melee weapon is shattered.

Escape against all odds-Play when a monster has no way escape. Monster is removed from the board and is assigned to the room where the quest objective is located.

Trap-Play when the heroes enter an empty room. Place 1D6 Wandering monsters in the room or in the hallway next to the room if there is no where to place the monsters. Players turn is interrupted immediately and the EWP takes one turn with the monsters. After the last monster has finished his attack the players resume play at the point in which play was interrupted.

Thief-Play this card when there are mercenaries in play. Each round the EWP will roll the Thief's Mind Score +2 in combat dice, if a black shield is rolled a piece of equipment, a potion or 10 gold is removed from the Hero closest to the thief. Artifacts and worn armor may not be stolen. Once the thief has stolen three times he makes a break for the stairwell to escape the heroes.

Zargons Lieutenant- A wandering monster is one of Zargons personal minions. He is inspecting the dungeon. Replace a Wandering Monster encountered with a Chaos Warrior. He defends with white shields and rolls an extra dice to attack and defend. If defeated this Minion of Zargon will have 50 gold coins.

Cursed Weapon-Play this card when a minion of Zargon is killed. The targeted minion pronounces a curse on the attackers weapon. For the remainder of the dungeon the player must reroll on 1 Skull on every attack risking a loss of the skull. The weapon can be discarded only after the hero has no enemies in sight.

You got to go when you got to go-Play this card against an attacking hero. Hero has a sudden need to relieve themselves and will attack and defend with one less dice until they have had a chance to relieve themselves.

Itchy Nose-Play this card against a Spell caster as they declare a spell will be cast. The itch on the nose will distract the hero and require the hero to roll his Mind in combat dice looking for a black shield. If a black shield is rolled the spell is cast as normal. If the roll nets zero black shields the spell is failed and returned to the casters spell deck.

I am, as is often the case, a few years behind, but these are great! If anyone takes the time to make these into cards, let me know. I'd love to see them!
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards