GimmeYerGold's [revised] Custom Cards Preview: Artifacts

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: GimmeYerGold's [revised] Custom Cards Preview: Artifacts

Postby cynthialee » Saturday February 21st, 2015 11:20am

I felt rather attacked with you throwing out that quote from the book as if to say I do not require teamwork.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby GimmeYerGold » Saturday February 21st, 2015 2:51pm

cynthialee wrote:I felt rather attacked with you throwing out that quote from the book as if to say I do not require teamwork.

Oh no! I didn't meant that at all. I really apologize--I did not mean the teamwork remark or quoting the rules to be a comment on your play style, it was meant to be a remark on my own style. I loved reading that quote the first time I saw it--it made Heroquest unique to me. The teamwork remark was meant in a silly, optimistic, lovey-dovey tone. This would have been appropriate to include in that post:

I neglected to include such context to indicate the good-natured spirit. I do not think there is anything wrong, or incorrect with your methods, nor do I feel that teamwork is lacking from your games. House rules are a matter of taste after all--there are as many house rules as there are people playing Heroquest.

No hard feelings. I do think playing one of your games with your rules would be truly epic. :barbarian:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » Saturday February 21st, 2015 3:37pm

Wow, tons of new cards. I don't have time to read them all now. This is what happens when I only check two topics for ages. Gatling gun?!? I absolutely HATE guns in a fantasy setting but if you're happy with it, each to their own. I wouldn't like an artefact that automatically wounds me though, maybe on the roll of a skull. I like the rest. It would be nice if you could keep the unicorn. If you don't want it to die you could say it magically transports back from whence it came when it reaches 0BP.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2454

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Saturday February 21st, 2015 5:32pm

...ok

As for the gun...I do not like guns in fantasy. Just doesn't work for me but the fact it did an auto point of damage for using it, I was not gonna mention it but now that the cat is out of the bag on the gun...
No. However: If you have a gun in the game...make it like a 4 dice blunderbuss that requires a complete turn to load after shot. No move and the action is loading the thing. End of turn. However the next turn...BANG! Also limit the ammo. It would be more believable for me.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Sunday February 22nd, 2015 6:39am

cynthialee wrote:Well...how else are they gonna face down a dragon?!
A dragon slayer sword. A dragon slayer dwarf. A dragon slayer dwarf with a dragon slayer sword. A dragon slayer dwarf with a dragon slayer sword boosted by courage, a potion of strength and heroic brew. Puny dragon!
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Wanna learn martial arts? Check out my youtube channel, tutorials coming soon. By far my most popular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6BkN-3E

Gateway to higher dimensions - DMT, Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Sunday February 22nd, 2015 11:16am

IDK about that....I got like 12 attack dice that think that Dwarf is diner in less than 3 melee rounds.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Sunday February 22nd, 2015 1:45pm

Give the dragon a weakness to be discovered. All dragons have a weakness. Always. If they are invulnerable, at least one scale is missing. If no scale is missing, there is something else wrong with them.

I mean, there has to be a reason why they are extinct today! :D

Ice Dragon - weak against Fire Magic and the magical fire sword. To be found in another corner of the Map or in another Quest. Let the Heros discover that the Fire Spell of the Magician functions, but is not sufficient to kill the dragon.
Then watch them flee until they found a good countermeasure somewhere else. :) Like in the fight against the Witch Lord. Same principle. Except that maybe the dragon may be petrified by a Earth spell, or sleep in morpheus' arms... to give the heroes a chance.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday February 22nd, 2015 2:02pm

Anderas wrote:I mean, there has to be a reason why they are extinct today! :D

Megalodon ate them all.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Sunday February 22nd, 2015 9:09pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Anderas wrote:I mean, there has to be a reason why they are extinct today! :D

Megalodon ate them all.

It was Gremlins.
No serious, check the back history of my games over the years. Gremlins eradicated them due to gold fever...
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » Tuesday February 24th, 2015 9:25am

cynthialee wrote:IDK about that....I got like 12 attack dice that think that Dwarf is diner in less than 3 melee rounds.
The dragon slayer sword kills any dragon that it wounds. :p

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Cards