• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Tool] Card Templates

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

[Tool] Card Templates

Postby drathe » August 29th, 2008, 12:16 am

I've just released two of my North American Style card templates that I use to make my own cards in Photoshop. They are simple to use, just paste your sized images onto the properly labelled layer, and alter the text on the text layers. HeroQuest Fonts are already setup if you have them installed on your computer. I've even released image packs from all the HeroQuest Card sets for those who would like to reuse images, or use images from the European sets that weren't available on North American Cards.

Find the Templates and Image Packs on the Ye Olde Inn Design Tools page.

Update:For those without Photoshop, but have access to some form of image editor, attached are blank cards to add images and text to. Character, Regular and Monster Cards available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drathe on January 30th, 2015, 6:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Updated blank card attachments

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Photoshop Card Templates

Postby zep » October 3rd, 2008, 1:38 pm

You have been a HeroQuest machine drathe! Thanks for everything. The card templates are nice.
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 3rd, 2008, 2:52 pm

Thanks zep! It's always nice to know the work I do is appreciated. I keep trying to think of things the community can use either in their games, or to help them design their own stuff. Hopefully people will also share the cards they've made with us so we can all enjoy the work they're doing.

So far I've only done things that help me in my own games. If you can think of anything else that may be helpful, let me know and I'll see what I can provide.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » January 29th, 2009, 9:19 pm

I recently updated the Monster Card template and added a second to it that has a section for Special Abilities. I've also created two Spell Scroll Templates that match the Spell Scroll Cards that were released with the Elf and Barbarian Packs. They are basically the same but one has the Scroll image in place, where as the other is left blank so people can use different images if they wish.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby dragar » April 21st, 2010, 2:09 pm

drathe wrote:I've just released two of my North American Style card templates that I use to make my own cards in Photoshop. They are simple to use, just paste your sized images onto the properly labelled layer, and alter the text on the text layers. HeroQuest Fonts are already setup if you have them installed on your computer. I've even released image packs from all the HeroQuest Card sets for those who would like to reuse images, or use images from the European sets that weren't available on North American Cards.

Find the Templates and Image Packs on the Ye Olde Inn Gaming Aids page.

hi mate nice card creation set!! say you know the sizes of your card, ive copied and pasted a card with both front and back on bit map would you just double the width of the card to get a pic with both sideson photo shop?
dragar

Postby drathe » April 21st, 2010, 2:34 pm

I've never done the side-by-side method. I assume you could just double the width of the single card and expand the canvass to the left or right, then add the card back to the extra space beside it. If Phoenix has a chance to respond to this, he will be able to enlighten you more on how to do it as he has experience in designing fold-over cards.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » April 21st, 2010, 4:40 pm

Honestly, I've niver 'actualy' made any fold over cards. I just do it for my remakes, as that is easier to convey (not everyone prints on both sides, etc.).

However, it's pretty easy to do as drathe suggests and double the width of the canvas and paste the back-side next to the front.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 25th, 2010, 12:59 am

If'n I remember to, I'll be updating the templates later this week. I have a newer version of Photoshop now and it seems that the text boxes of these templates jumps up a few pixels when updated to newer versions.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mo123813 » June 25th, 2010, 1:24 am

drathe wrote:If'n I remember to, I'll be updating the templates later this week. I have a newer version of Photoshop now and it seems that the text boxes of these templates jumps up a few pixels when updated to newer versions.

Dont forget! Did you pay for you Photoshop?
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 28th, 2010, 4:18 pm

The templates have been updated.

@mo: No, I did not pay for my Photoshop. It was a hand-me-down. CS4, so it's not the most current. But much more current than my previous PS6 hand-me-down.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Cards