• Advertisement

Greek Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Greek Cards

Postby Idomeneas » Tuesday July 14th, 2009 2:25pm

drathe wrote:Thanks Idomeneas! That would be great!

Luckily, I already have some pretty good scans of most of the Greek system. All I require from the system now is the Character Sheet and any advertisement for the expansions that may have been included. I also don't have a clear picture of the back of the box so I can type up the info on the Greek Page. Other than that, it's all Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord. I don't have a single scan of anything for the expansions.

If you like, you can use any of the card templates and image packs from the Gaming Aids page to make your cards in Photoshop. If you save each card separately and email them to me, I can compile them into PDF files like the ones already available here at Ye Olde Inn. The templates are all in North American style though. I do have a European Basic card template that I made that's not on the site. Let me know if you'd like it and I'll send it to you. I don't have any image packs available that fit the European template unfortunately. I never got around to doing that. So much stuff I still have to do in the mean time. If you need anything else for your cards, just ask, I'll try to provide what ever I can! Let us know how your work goes here in the forum so we can all be excitedly up-to-date.

Thanks again drathe!
I already converted the mercenary cards and the spells of Chaos. I happen to be graphic designer, so i made a template of my own and started to convert american cards into european format. I make a back side, then each front side, load them in an indesign template i made and voila! Pdf ready for print.
I print both sides in photo paper (i make heavy crosses to help me align them). Then i cut a piece of 200grm cardboard in the same dimensions. I mount the front side on the cardboard, flip it and mount the back side. If you do that on a lightbox or just against a window, you will be able to use the marks to align perfectly the two sides. Cut them down and you have great homemade heavyweight cards like the original ones.

Here is a pdf file of the spells in Greek.
http://rapidshare.com/files/255806895/c ... s.pdf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Greek Cards

Postby drathe » Tuesday July 14th, 2009 11:40pm

As I mentioned in the Guest Book, those cards look fantastic! I can't wait to see more. If you would like, I could post these on the Greek System page as a localisation. Let me know and if you would, let me know what info you would like on the credits page (username, email, etc.)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Wednesday July 15th, 2009 5:24pm

Thanks for the kind words!
Offcourse you can upload them in the localization section. Just a mention of my nick is enough credit. I will post some more. If you assemble them the way i describe they are like the real thing and perhaps better. I also made an experiment with no photo paper, but matte heavyweight. I sprayed with acrylic varnish and the result was great. But it takes too much time and i wouldnt recomend it to non crafty people as they will get in trubles. It takes about 4 sprays plus drying time, each side. That means a whole day and appearence of visions from the fumes (well i guess some people do that on purpose :lol: ). If you hav the patience and time (i dont) you will end up with cards that nothing can kill. Those things defy spilled whisky and vodka. Even Ouzo (dont ask me what it is, its a national drink and every tourist with self respect owes to get drunk at least... everytime he gets to Greece). You can have greasy hands from souvlaki (another national specialty) and still play without the owner of the game(that would be my bro in my case) curse you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Wednesday July 15th, 2009 5:51pm

Men at arms Greek cards
http://rapidshare.com/files/256248958/m ... s.pdf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All my pdf files are of 300dpi resolution.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday July 16th, 2009 12:00am

Idomeneas wrote:Thanks for the kind words!
Offcourse you can upload them in the localization section. Just a mention of my nick is enough credit. I will post some more. If you assemble them the way i describe they are like the real thing and perhaps better. I also made an experiment with no photo paper, but matte heavyweight. I sprayed with acrylic varnish and the result was great. But it takes too much time and i wouldnt recomend it to non crafty people as they will get in trubles. It takes about 4 sprays plus drying time, each side. That means a whole day and appearence of visions from the fumes (well i guess some people do that on purpose :lol: ). If you hav the patience and time (i dont) you will end up with cards that nothing can kill. Those things defy spilled whisky and vodka. Even Ouzo (dont ask me what it is, its a national drink and every tourist with self respect owes to get drunk at least... everytime he gets to Greece). You can have greasy hands from souvlaki (another national specialty) and still play without the owner of the game(that would be my bro in my case) curse you.

I've been using card protectors and a set I printed down at the print shop. That way my originals say nice for the future.

Oh, and the Men-at-Arms cards... beautiful!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Thursday July 16th, 2009 10:49am

drathe wrote:
Idomeneas wrote:Thanks for the kind words!

I've been using card protectors and a set I printed down at the print shop. That way my originals say nice for the future.

Oh, and the Men-at-Arms cards... beautiful!

I hate card protectors. They take something out..

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday July 16th, 2009 11:13am

I use ones that are clear on both sides, so you have the full view but the card is protected. Works great for me and my players.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Cards