• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Barbarian Skill Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Barbarian Skill Cards

Postby GimmeYerGold » November 6th, 2013, 8:23 am

Here are some skill cards I put together for the Barbarian using the card template and the Gary Chalk image resources.
The top image is the card back.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Barbarian Skill Cards

Postby chaoticprime » November 6th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Like. I will be using these.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 6th, 2013, 2:15 pm

I have the exact same Bodyguard skill for my Questknight character. Because it's such a neat idea.
Titan's toos: Any piece of furniture? Bookcases and cupboards as well? No need for definition or over-complicating, just asking. Definitely, also a good idea.
Rage: too crass for my taste. My Berserker/Clanwarrior hero (Barbarian template) would end up with 9 attack dice/2 defend dice when fully and ideally equipped, yours with 7/3.

But of course, you haven't refined the rules/starting stats of the heroes like I did, giving the Barbarian 1 "innate" weapon skill attack die plus a short sword with +2 attack dice (instead of the 3 AD resulting from broadsword with lots of interpretation possibilities).
Also, a Berserker-specific Greatsword I made for the armory gives him +5 AD (all weapons are +values rather than absolute numbers; that keeps the Barbarian the attacking edge in comparison to the other heroes).

Take a gander:
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/hqforum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1548&hilit=starting+stats
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » November 6th, 2013, 3:43 pm

knightkrawler wrote:I have the exact same Bodyguard skill for my Questknight character. Because it's such a neat idea.
Titan's toos: Any piece of furniture? Bookcases and cupboards as well? No need for definition or over-complicating, just asking. Definitely, also a good idea.

Yep, if the furniture has a brown plastic component, it's "wooden" and tossable.

knightkrawler wrote:Rage: too crass for my taste. My Berserker/Clanwarrior hero (Barbarian template) would end up with 9 attack dice/2 defend dice when fully and ideally equipped, yours with 7/3.

But of course, you haven't refined the rules/starting stats of the heroes like I did, giving the Barbarian 1 "innate" weapon skill attack die plus a short sword with +2 attack dice (instead of the 3 AD resulting from broadsword with lots of interpretation possibilities).
Also, a Berserker-specific Greatsword I made for the armory gives him +5 AD (all weapons are +values rather than absolute numbers; that keeps the Barbarian the attacking edge in comparison to the other heroes).

Take a gander:
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/hqforum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1548&hilit=starting+stats

I originally had rage give the buffs, but he also saw ALL creatures as monsters, so if heroes are in the same room, they better watch out. However, the rules for that proved too wordy to fit on a single card!

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » November 6th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Rage should be altered so that it sets in as of 2 BP. If the Barb is able to suffer any kind of hit during his rage, he's simply too mighty to possibly be fair. Basically what that's saying, is that the Barbarian, when at half-mast, gets so pissed off he effectively sprouts a second broadsword for a few seconds.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 6th, 2013, 3:52 pm

In the card, you could replace "monsters" with "figures" and then "...only move to attack the nearest figure" and then "any figures" though it would also be a possibility to let Rage fade when only heroes can be seen, therefore then leaving the last sentence as is. A regaining reason effect, so to speak.
Not any more words, but a slight alteration because of the nearest part.

I also agree with chaoticprime. The card has to be toned down in some way, I think.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » November 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm

knightkrawler wrote:In the card, you could replace "monsters" with "figures" and then "...only move to attack the nearest figure" and then "any figures" though it would also be a possibility to let Rage fade when only heroes can be seen, therefore then leaving the last sentence as is. A regaining reason effect, so to speak.
Not any more words, but a slight alteration because of the nearest part.

I also agree with chaoticprime. The card has to be toned down in some way, I think.

This is a good idea. Yes, otherwise 2 BP like chaotic said would be the way to go, but I kind of like the idea of a red-eyed berserker going haywire :)

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » November 6th, 2013, 5:16 pm

are these intended as permanent skills or one-use like spells?

Which rules do you use for gaining these cards?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » November 6th, 2013, 5:29 pm

If it's a one time use skill, it will say so in the rule. For instance, the "Titan's Toss" skill.

Some skills (for cards not shown) exhaust mind points.

I give the cards to the players at the beginning of the quest, like spell cards.

Some are conditional, so they can't be used until all spells are cast, or another skill has been used.

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » November 6th, 2013, 7:40 pm

That all sounds cool, and the cards are well done. Its like you're a good version of me--without the mood swings.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Cards