• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cards: keeping them apart

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Cards: keeping them apart

Postby Sjeng » June 1st, 2013, 9:37 am

A quick question:

With all the new cards around, it is getting hard to keep track of which cards belong to which game set. So I want to add a little icon to the cards, telling you what expansion or set they are from. Here's an example:

equipment-JP-staff.jpg

I was thinking of using these abbreviations:
US = American base game cards
EU = European base game cards
JP = Japanese base game cards
KK = Kellar's Keep game cards
WL = Return of the Witch Lord game cards
WM = Wizards of Morcar game cards
OH = Against the Ogre Horde game cards
FH = Frozen Horror game cards
MM = the Mage of the Mirror game cards
CU = custom game cards (all other cards, like skaven and fimir magic & artifacts, additional spells, weapons etc.)

Tell me what you think. I'd like to add them, but perhaps you guys think the extra icon might be unwanted.
Ideas, comments?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

Postby tasoe » June 1st, 2013, 9:41 am

i like the idea but i think it is unnecessary. it doesn't matter to me cause I'm not going to print them, but someone might and he might not want the extra icon.
also, it's not really that hard to keep track of where the cards come from, is it?
but again I wouldn't have any problem with this addition.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 1st, 2013, 9:46 am

I kinda think it is :P The thing is, if you print the EU version of the equipment cards, and you want to add some other equipment from the JP cards, then you could get 2 items with different mechanics and/or costs. If you want to use a specific set for a game, it's simply easier to recognize them and set them apart. After a while, I really can't remember if the EU or the US or the JP staff was the one with the 125, 150 or 100 gold price for example.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 1st, 2013, 9:49 am

Not a bad idea, and not bothering me in any way. The icon is small, readable...
Many advantages, there.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 1st, 2013, 9:51 am

I could alter the icon too, if anyone has suggestions.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » June 1st, 2013, 10:27 am

I have eidetic memory, so forgetting which came from where is not a thing. These cards would be the perfect excuse to try memory mansion training for somebody else, though.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 1st, 2013, 10:34 am

I suggest setting them up at the bottom - as you did - but on both sides for symmetry.
Unless there is another information in a similar icon style the cards could use...

One other thing:
There's additional cards in the NA versions of Kellar's Keep and Retrun of the Witch-Lord.

Maybe a country acronym on the left and an expansion acronym on the right?
Example for that Japanese Base Game staff:
JP WEAPON BG

My :2cents:
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 1st, 2013, 11:04 am

Yeah I was thinking about making a difference between the EU and US cards from KK and RotWL, but then again, they are both from the same expansion, the only difference is that some cards are in the set and some aren't. for example, US has scrolls, EU doesn't, and EU has the rabbit boots amongst others, while US doesn't (I think). So when I made my EU format cards, I simply put them all together. I use all of the cards from EU and US combined. So all I really need to know is what set they are from, regardless of EU/US origin. It's better with everything anyway, I think :P
My scroll spells can have US icons on them, and the scrolls that were added to complete the schools of magic can be "CU".
Two icons is a bit too much in my opinion. I kinda want the one I'm using to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » June 2nd, 2013, 2:21 am

CU?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 3rd, 2013, 1:00 am

See first post ;) Custom.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Cards