• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

[Artifact] - Wand of Fate

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

[Artifact] - Wand of Fate

Postby Phoenix » Thursday April 23rd, 2009 9:14am

A Wizard may use this wand on a Hero or Monster twice per Quest and it will randomly cast one of the following spells:

1) Rock Skin
2) Ball of Flame
3) Firestorm
4) Tempest
5) Water of Healing
6) Rust

I'm not sure if I like twice per Quest of 5 times total. Thoughts?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Artifact] - Wand of Fate

Postby drathe » Friday April 24th, 2009 9:58pm

Phoenix wrote:I'm not sure if I like twice per Quest of 5 times total. Thoughts?

Now that is a very good question. Especially since I think this is a cool Artifact (possibly casting Rock Skin on a Monster? Or Ball of Flame on a Comrade? ... Priceless!).

Let's see, twice per Quest with those random possibilities:

Used on a Hero, odds of some thing good are 1 in 3. Used on a Monster, odds of something good (bad for Mr. Fimir) 1 in 3, unless Rust would actually have an affect on a Monster's set attack then 1 in 2. Add in the 1 in 6 chance that it's bad for everyone with Firestorm... I believe a Hero would learn pretty quick not to chance it on themselves or another Hero, but might still try it on Monsters. There would still be a good chance that it would stopped being used altogether as the odds of aiding a Monster is about 50/50.

Five times total:

This would probably ensure that the wand eventually gets used 5 times, even with the odds. It also allows the benefit of having the Heroes discover another Wand of Fate down the road to take some more chances with.

I think I've sold myself on 5 times total. If it ends up being something that doesn't get used as often as you'd prefer, then it will be out of a Heroes inventory in a fairly short amount of time. If it's discovered to be a favourite, one could continuously add it into new quests, thus also allowing another Hero to find and use it as favourites tend not to be shared.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Cards