• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Monsters] Heroes and Villains

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Which set of Wizard Cards should be released at Ye Olde Inn?

Poll ended at April 22nd, 2009, 12:23 am

Images from the Card Backs
50%
Images from the Box Art
No votes
Both Sets
No votes
None of them.
50%

Total votes : 2

[Monsters] Heroes and Villains

Postby drathe » March 23rd, 2009, 12:23 am

Nothing much going on lately. I've been kind of tired of HeroQuest as of late. Not tired of playing mind you, just expanding. But the last two days have been rather productive.

*Check out the Preview*
[Preview removed after Poll ended]

First few are the four Heroes and Zargon. They are meant for a Quest idea I have in the works. The rest are two versions of each of the four Wizards of Morcar villains and Sinestra from the Elf Quest Pack. Icons for the Heroes were taken from HeroScribe for consistency, the others I made myself since HeroScribe doesn't have Icons for them.

I'm wondering which versions of the wizards I should release at Ye Olde Inn. The ones with the card images, or box art images. The Poll runs for 30 days, so vote now if there's a version you'd prefer!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Monsters] Heroes and Villains

Postby Milk » April 7th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Off topic: Well, I had written a response to this yesterday and then my cpu decided it no longer liked this site for the remainder of the day - hence a lost post. Ah well......

On topic: My opinion, go with the Card-Art style. The Box-Art style looks too...well, I'm not sure, but not good. Don't really care for how you can see bits and pieces of the other "wizards" in each wizard's picture.

However, other than whatever use you have in the works for these cards, can't really think of why these would serve any importance. I suppose others could make use of them though through some crafty ingenuity. Beyond that, I like the self-made icons.
"There should always be barbarians to the north."
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Monsters] Heroes and Villains

Postby drathe » April 8th, 2009, 2:28 am

Milk wrote:However, other than whatever use you have in the works for these cards, can't really think of why these would serve any importance. I suppose others could make use of them though through some crafty ingenuity. Beyond that, I like the self-made icons.

I just figured there was a card for the Ogre Lord, a Card for the Frozen Horror, so why not Wizards and Archmage? I had a bit of time to kill and was in the mood for card making. Perhaps I should release a set without the Wizard's names so that one set is just a generic High Mage, Necromancer, Orc Shaman and Storm Master. I personally wouldn't use them in game as I like to keep boss stats secret, but I'm also a completionist, and since the others had cards...

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Cards