• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

European (UK/Australian) Chaos Spell cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: European (UK/Australian) Chaos Spell cards

Postby Sjeng » July 15th, 2012, 10:57 am

Yeah, I'm making PDF's, but I also have the seperate JPG's of course and the Word .docx files, so if drathe wants those, I'll mail them. But I'll try a preliminary version here first, so people can comment on it, before making them final for drathe to host.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » November 4th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Zenithfleet, is this your blog? http://scattergamed.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... hon-2.html
I'm seeing your chaos spell backside art there.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » December 6th, 2012, 9:23 am

Sjeng wrote:Zenithfleet, is this your blog? http://scattergamed.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... hon-2.html
I'm seeing your chaos spell backside art there.

Hi Sjeng - thanks for alerting me (even if I'm a bit tardy in noticing *ahem*)

No, that's not my blog, but I've checked it out and it all looks fine. He's not using my cards or claiming they're his. It looks like he's just decorated his post with a few images from the web, and happened to pick mine for the 'insert Chaos Spell card image here' bit (in the same way he's used a pic of fan-made dice). Might confuse his NA readers though! ;)
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby CraigEllsworth » December 6th, 2012, 11:50 am

Hi! That's my blog with Zenithfleet's pictures. I just googled images I needed for them. For the most part, I just use googled images to split up the walls of text I write, and maybe add a funny caption. I don't claim to own any pictures I post on my blog, except those which are obviously mine (like my own maps). I'm more than happy to remove and replace any images I've used without permission at the owner's request.
CraigEllsworth

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Sjeng » December 6th, 2012, 3:53 pm

not at all, but if you want to add a link to this forum / website (and perhaps mention Zenithfleet beneath the image), then all the more visitors for us too ;)
spread the love!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Zenithfleet » December 9th, 2012, 8:00 am

No worries Craig - thanks for stopping by ;)

Like I said, I'm not at all fussed by the cards appearing on your blog. Actually I'm pretty pleased to see them out and about! :D Just wanted to make sure nobody was claiming them as their own work.

I don't think there's any need to mention my name or anything - no more than the other decorative pics you've used.

Hope you find something of interest here at the Inn!
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » July 9th, 2023, 7:57 am

Whilst I can't fault the creativity (and wish I had more, any, skill in that area) I do question the project as Second Edition comes with plenty of spells in its own right 48 in total, list below, and all the NA edition spells have a direct equivalent already under SE with 2 possible exceptions, Cloud of Chaos although Cloak of Shadows is fairly similar and Firestorm and we have plenty of fiery spells under SE. I think the bit that is missing is mapping the SE spells (sets) to their appropriate Monster

For example under revised Second Edition - Balur could get the Spells of Fire (Ball of Flame, Courage, Fire of Wrath), Grak - if you choose as I do to make him a spellcaster - Spells of the Orc Shaman (Set A): Orc Berserker, Sharpen Blades, Shield of Protection, Witch Lord - both Spells of the Necromancer (Set A): Call Skeleton, Death Bolt, Fear + Spells of the Necromancer (Set B): Raise the Dead, Skulls of Doom, Summon Mummy.

#From Game System (Elemental Spells)
• Spells of Air: Genie, Tempest, Swift Wind
• Spells of Earth: Heal Body, Pass Through Rock, Rock Skin
• Spells of Fire: Ball of Flame, Courage, Fire of Wrath
• Spells of Water: Sleep, Veil of Mist, Water of Healing

#From Against the Ogre Horde
• Spells of Mind: Mind Lock, Dominate, Mind Blast

#From Wizards of Morcar
• Spells of Darkness: Arrows of the Night, Chains of Darkness, Cloak of Shadows
• Spells of Detection: Clairvoyance, Future Sight, Treasure Horde
• Spells of Protection: Dispell, Invisibility, Wall of Stone
• Spells of the High Mage (Set A): Dispell, Strands of Binding, Wall of Flame
• Spells of the High Mage (Set B): Escape, Madness, Rust
• Spells of the Storm Master (Set A): Earthquake, Lightning Bolt, Wall of Ice
• Spells of the Storm Master (Set B): Blinding Sleet, Hurricane, Thieving Wind
• Spells of the Necromancer (Set A): Call Skeleton, Death Bolt, Fear
• Spells of the Necromancer (Set B): Raise the Dead, Skulls of Doom, Summon Mummy
• Spells of the Orc Shaman (Set A): Orc Berserker, Sharpen Blades, Shield of Protection
• Spells of the Orc Shaman (Set B): Spirit of Vengeance, Summon Goblins, Summon Orcs
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards