• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

European (UK/Australian) Chaos Spell cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: European (UK/Australian) Chaos Spell cards

Postby Zenithfleet » March 18th, 2012, 6:27 am

Ethica wrote:That new back is 100 times better than the old one.

There was a lot of clone brushing involved. Dratted oval tokens... :roll:
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nerrad72 » March 18th, 2012, 7:02 am

Excellent work zenithfleet. The new back it much better. That image has been in front of my face for year and I never thought of using it for the chaos spell backs. Top Work! |_P
Nerrad72

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » March 18th, 2012, 7:52 am

Thanks Nerrad ;) By the way, I've always wondered: is he wearing that skull as a facemask, or is that skull his actual face? Just seems odd with the ripped arms and all.
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 18th, 2012, 9:13 am

Zenithfleet wrote:Thanks Nerrad ;) By the way, I've always wondered: is he wearing that skull as a facemask, or is that skull his actual face? Just seems odd with the ripped arms and all.

Odd? I beg to differ!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » March 18th, 2012, 12:01 pm

:lol: I've seen a few paintjobs that mimic him perfectly...

I was born just a little too late for that. For me, it was all about a certain unkillable skeleton lord with the power to create walking dead people and lead a vast army of skeletal cronies. No, not the HeroQuest one. These guys had motorcycles. That flew. And shot lasers. Because why not?

Important note: There are eight-limbed skeletal warriors available from Reaper Miniatures. Also, Skulmar presumably wears armour (i.e. his bones are sheathed in metal) and Kessandria may well be a female skeleton. This sounds oddly familiar. Is anyone else pondering what I'm pondering?

Now if I can just find an undead Dwarf... :)
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nerrad72 » March 19th, 2012, 4:16 am

Skeletor! Beat me too it Goblin-King.
Yeah I've always it was his own head. Perhaps devoid of life due to the chaos magic held within it.
Skeleton Warriors was a bit late for me, first I've heard of them. But I imagine watching it
Nerrad72

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 11th, 2012, 9:53 am

Zenithfleet wrote:
There are also chaos spells for the Barbarian and Elf QP's

Argh, don't give me ideas! :lol: I'd want to convert the entire Quest Pack over to EU format if I started on those...

I'm just about to print all of your cards. Excellent stuff! I love how you converted them to fit within the EU rules and balanced them. Awesome.
Here's an idea:

please please make similar cards for the Barbarian + Elf Quest packs, of all cards: chaos spells, treasure, artifacts, monsters. The whole shmeer! I'd give you many cookies: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Men-at-arms is in these quests can be opponents but also hired mercenaries. So I feel they should have monster card backs and a board icon in the top left + lower right corner like in the US version, plus Men-et-arms backs without the icons like in WoM. There are already EU cards for the friendly kind in WoM, so those need not be made. We'd only need a converted monster type card with balanced stats.

This might also mean that with some tweaking of the monsters from these US quests, we could easily convert them to a balanced EU/UK version.

Another idea, that might be easier in the short term: make 3 cards for the 3 chaos spells from the Ogre Horde pack. I was thinking to make some myself, and I could, with your chaos sorcerer card back and on the front a picture of the 3 token images and the text, plus some sort of text explaining that the amount of times the spells may be cast during a quest depends on the quest notes from AtOH. But that would limit them to AtOH, so I'm trying to find a text that also allows them to be used freely by Morcar/Zargon in any quest where appropriate in addition to the other chaos spells. It would add the use of mind points to many quests.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » July 14th, 2012, 11:22 am

Hey Sjeng - thanks for the props, or possibly kudos, or whatever the cool kids say these days. :D

(Er, I hope I balanced them for the EU rules - I didn't actually get a chance to test them...!)

Your own stuff looks impressive, and I like what you've done with the scrolls on the card backs. Giving the spell scrolls their own deck makes good sense too.

I'm a bit busy with work and other projects right now so don't have much time for HeroQuest stuff... although I've just come into possession of an absolute bucketload of spare figs and cards courtesy of some kind people on the interwebs, so who knows? :) I tend to get bitten by the 'hobby bug' for a few really intense weeks--then it wears off and I move onto something else... until the next time the bug bites ;)

The trouble with the Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs is that I personally don't have much interest in them. As an EU player, without the Gary Chalk artwork and with those lower quality miniature sculpts (in my opinion), the US-only packs don't really feel... well... HeroQuesty. So it's a bit harder to work up the urge to work on them.

I did tinker with using some of the artwork for new EU Treasure cards and some new Equipment for the Wizard. I'll see if I can dig them up and finish them off sometime...
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 15th, 2012, 6:15 am

Cool, I'l keep an eye open :)

I'm planning on completing my card sets, inlcuding BQP and EQP etc. etc.
As soon as I finish them, I'll try to make a complete PDF package, with some explanation added on how to use them.
I'll be using some of your work and others too, but there will be credits in the PDF.

The finished product is supposed to be one big complete EU package of cards and stuff, that can be used as one big expansion pack for all those EU players who only have the base game, and would like to play the EU and US expansions as well.
This means I'm also going to add some cards that are already made by you, drathe, Flint and perhaps others. I might remake some, so they "fit" in my card layout. I want to be able to print them all together, and not have differences in colour or shape.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » July 15th, 2012, 9:19 am

No worries re using my cards or altering them - just as long as I gets a credit somewhere please. ;)

Are you planning to do all the PDFing yourself? Have you asked drathe about it? He might be able to help. When I asked drathe if he could host my cards on the Olde Inn, he turned them into printable PDFs for me.
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards