• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sticker album

Discuss the HeroQuest Sticker Album by Merlin Stickers.

Re: Warhammer World Campaign Setting and Lore

Postby Blackthorn » Wednesday February 13th, 2013 1:11am

TMU wrote:Probably so, but guy on the game screen is Morcar/Zargon.

After taking another look at the game screen http://www.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/system/150-system-game-screen.pdf, I think the presence of smoke wisps turning into evil faces emanating from the spell book confirm that it's meant to be Zargon/Morcar. The face on the Character Cards was probably left off the NA version as the inconsistency was spotted.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby drathe » Thursday February 14th, 2013 1:28am

Big Bene wrote:just send me half of the scans, I will straighten and crop them.

Sorry Bene. I missed this post. But when I had the time they weren't too much trouble. Just listened to a couple audio books and Photoshopped away.

I've got all the stickers I own ready. They're currently uploading. When done, I'll send Sjeng the links to download the 8 zip files. They're 20MB each. Still missing some. One of the regulars and a bunch of the holographic types. Going to ask someone I know who has them all if they are willing to scan the missing stickers for us.

My local library doesn't have a big enough scanner for the book. My father has one that scans the full length, but still cuts off the one edge. If anyone is proficient in merging two images together, I could scan the tops and bottoms of each page and send the files to them to put together.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Sticker album

Postby TMU » Thursday February 14th, 2013 2:18am

Big Bene wrote:
TMU wrote: but guy on the game screen is Morcar/Zargon.

How do you know? This has been discussed at length. Apodictic statements don't help your cause.

mako-heart wrote:The guy on the screen is ZARGON mentor is in blue!!! :lol: :lol:

Blackthorn wrote:
TMU wrote:Probably so, but guy on the game screen is Morcar/Zargon.

After taking another look at the game screen http://www.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/system/150-system-game-screen.pdf, I think the presence of smoke wisps turning into evil faces emanating from the spell book confirm that it's meant to be Zargon/Morcar. The face on the Character Cards was probably left off the NA version as the inconsistency was spotted.

@Big Bene, A-HA :lol: :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Sjeng » Thursday February 14th, 2013 2:29am

drathe wrote:If anyone is proficient in merging two images together, I could scan the tops and bottoms of each page and send the files to them to put together.

As long as you scan them as straight as possible, it's not a problem. |_P

by the way: I could add all the scans on my Photobucket account, so others might download and print them for their album if they're missing some.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Thursday March 14th, 2013 5:16pm

slideshow here

more to follow...

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday March 14th, 2013 9:05pm

Yay! :D

Those baby Orcs are almost cute.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Friday March 15th, 2013 6:23am

TMU wrote:@Big Bene, A-HA :lol: :D
This has been discussed at lenght.
The Marvel Winter Special suggests that the red-cloaked guy is Mentor.
The Sticker album suggests he is Morcar/Zargon.
As much as I know, Stephen Baker had a saying in the making of the Winter Special, but not the Sticker album.
The depiction on the game screen is somewhat ambivalent. Some people say it's Morcar because the monsters seem to emerge from under his cape (and the smoke has ghosts in it). Others, including myself, always saw this as Mentor, reading from Loretome, and the monsters (and smoke) showing what he has to tell: stories of danger, of armies of monsters threatening the kingdom.
Last edited by Big Bene on Friday March 15th, 2013 7:00am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Friday March 15th, 2013 6:58am

That was just a joke, youknow, and I wrote that, not drathe. :? I'm fine with others thinkings about it, my opinion is although this :)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Friday March 15th, 2013 7:04am

TMU wrote: I wrote that, not drathe. :?
I know. I just used the "quote" button, dunno why it wrote "drathe". I have corrected it now.
TMU wrote:That was just a joke, youknow, ...I'm fine with others thinkings about it, my opinion is although this :)
Of course, and that's how I understand it, too. However, others are reading this, too, and I just wanted to put the two positions clear. |_P
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Friday March 15th, 2013 7:05am

Okay, no problem ;)

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to HeroQuest Sticker Album