• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sticker album

Discuss the HeroQuest Sticker Album by Merlin Stickers.

Re: Warhammer World Campaign Setting and Lore

Postby Daedalus » Friday January 18th, 2013 5:07pm

I found some other pics and a scan.

Image Image

I wonder who the artist/artists were. Perhaps he/they were given a Hero Quest game and made his/their own deductions as to what Morcar looked like, deciding that the screen art depicted Morcar. Or perhaps he/they were told by GW or MB that the screen showed Morcar. Shouldn't someone from either GW or MB have been advising this throughout the process before the art was finalized? Then again, the same should have applied to the HeroQuest Marvel Winter Special, where Stephen Baker was advising. Either one or both communication lines were insufficient for supervising Morcar's look. Seems like in at least one case it was the plan to have the art finished in one go so as to save money and time. Maybe nobody knew what Morcar looked like beforehand, and it was left to the artists to decide. The Marvel art seems to support this lack of information, as the face is left unrevealed. The Merlin art went the other way and modeled him on previous art from the game screen.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Blackthorn » Friday January 18th, 2013 10:46pm

So here Mentor appears to be an elf, and the young Morcar has an Anakin Skywalker sort of quality.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Saturday January 19th, 2013 4:41am

In my opinion, this gives arguments to end talking about "Is it Morcar or Mentor on the game screen".
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday January 19th, 2013 5:12am

But why would they put Morcar on the character reference cards then?

I'm afraid the real answer is someone failed big time somewhere!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Sticker album

Postby Sjeng » Saturday January 19th, 2013 6:57am

drathe wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:how big is it? Can you perhaps scan it on a copying machine? I'm pretty sure most modern ones can scan to pdf.

I'll have to check out the copiers at my local library and see what they've got.

Any news on this?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby TMU » Saturday January 19th, 2013 1:22pm

Goblin-King wrote:But why would they put Morcar on the character reference cards then?

I'm afraid the real answer is someone failed big time somewhere!

Probably so, but guy on the game screen is Morcar/Zargon. On character reference cards, well, as you said, someone failed big time.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby Sjeng » Thursday January 31st, 2013 4:26pm

I'll be perfectly happy if drathe simply scans his book, so I can read it here.

drathe: get crackin'.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday January 31st, 2013 5:04pm

Goblin-King wrote:All that talk about the sticker album a while ago...
Well gettaloada this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERLIN-162-14 ... 460c3c1ba1

I saw that the other day and I want it. But I'm worried as the last stickers/book went for about $200. Yes, $200! :shock:
I need them foils for my collection. But I may not bid depending on my budget during the countdown.

Sjeng wrote:I'll be perfectly happy if drathe simply scans his book, so I can read it here.

drathe: get crackin'.

I should have time to get crackin' on a lot of stuff in about a week. Lots of things that have been put on hold will hopefully get done.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Infje » Friday February 1st, 2013 3:22am

If anyone is interested: I've got the Dutch/French version of it which is only missing about 15 stickers. I could scan it if it makes a lot of people happy? Got it for 5 euro :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Friday February 1st, 2013 8:53am

Infje wrote:If anyone is interested: I've got the Dutch/French version of it which is only missing about 15 stickers. I could scan it if it makes a lot of people happy? Got it for 5 euro :)

yes! yes please! Can you scan them at 300dpi?
I'm sure drathe can scan the missing stickers, and I'll photoshop them in, and create a PDF of the whole deal for the website! :D

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to HeroQuest Sticker Album