• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

How big is your colloection of HQ minis?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: How big is your colloection of HQ minis?

Postby cynthialee » November 6th, 2020, 7:16 pm

3 full sets plus Kellars Keep and Return of the Witch Lord

Kind of kicking myself in the pants for not getting Elf and Barbarian when they were only a couple hundred bucks a pop. (But I do have reprints of the cards, quests and tiles....)
Also have a copy of Dark Company and some other stuff in the buried pile.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kimarous » November 7th, 2020, 2:03 am

Technically nothing yet, but I ordered two Mythic Tier sets in the Pulse campaign, intending to paint one set as "artwork standard" and the other being whatever else I felt like.

Also have a pair of Reaper model Bat Swarms that I was originally planning for a Warhammer army, but have since changed my mind - might stick them on appropriate base sizes and apply them to custom HeroQuest scenarios.
Kimarous

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby The Admiral » November 8th, 2020, 5:44 am

Massive!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby laukiaerkko » November 11th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Wow you guys are some really fanatic HQ people. I have one complete base set, but I am looking to expand my expansions with some 3D printable stl files if I could only get my printer to work properly. I have done lots of cards and tiles for the expansions and they are playable with standees but nothing beats a miniature.
laukiaerkko

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby Thor-in » November 11th, 2020, 5:26 pm

I counted it once, but since the last time I counted it I've added and subtracted figures.

Two base games
Keller's Keep
Return of the Witch Lord

Then I've proceeded to add

Two Dark World, with extras.
Two Dragon Strike, with extras.
And a bunch of the old GW figures.

All in all I have probably 300 +/- figures
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: How big is your collection of HQ minis?

Postby Kurgan » November 11th, 2020, 8:00 pm

It hasn't gotten unmanageable yet. Most of the minis I have are not official HQ minis, but are Reaper Bones figures and some 3d printed ones that I use to supplement. The game system I originally bought was missing a couple of figures, so I picked up a few extras on Ebay, meaning I have a few additional Undead and Fimirs. I was also lucky enough to get one original (red) Ogre and six (black) mercenary scouts.

The unofficial figures I use to fill out the ranks if I were playing one of the expansions that call for more figures than I would have otherwise and for variety. I have about a hundred of these extra figures, and I don't store these in the HQ box with the others, but in two Flambeau plastic fishing (tackle) boxes, which I lined with foam padding.

The Reaper figures I painted in solid colors, varnished and re-based to look more like the HQ originals they are standing in for. I had a good time with those.

Card wise, most of the cards I have custom printed myself, and the sleeved cards fill five deck boxes that hold about a hundred each. I did have a big "roll under the bed" plastic tote that I stored everything in (and still had to carry the fishing boxes... plus I kept the extra tiles and any printed quests in a couple of plastic binders) but now that my siblings all have copies of the game (and some expansion material), that isn't such a chore if we want to play (tougher these days with covid anyway, hence the appeal of virtual play!).

Apart from the 2021 set, I haven't really planned to expand my "collection" anymore. I'm more intent to create and play, rather than collect (a bit too pricey for me anyhow) but I enjoy the pieces I have. I want them to get used! Would I jump at the chance if I saw some of the expansions cheap at a garage sale or thrift store though? I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't.

If we're talking other stuff, I do have a few Dragon Strike figures (heroes and monsters) and some fantasy creatures (monsters, etc) tube rubber miniatures (to add to the pile, a few great figures in there like the giant spiders). And a bag of extra plastic dice (most of it from that famous German site).

Edit: I've got a handful of unbased Warhammer skaven too, if that counts.
Last edited by Kurgan on May 28th, 2021, 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » November 11th, 2020, 9:35 pm

2 NA Base Systems
1 EU Advanced System
1 NA Kellar’s Keep
1 NA Witch Lord
1 Ogre Horde
1 Wizards of Morcar
1 Barbarian Pack
1 Elf Pack
A lot of GW figures
Skaven from Advanced HeroQuest
A lot of Zealot Minis
A couple Dark World and DragonStrike figures
A lot of Reaper minis
And so much more...
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion