• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Super Dungeon Explore

Topics related to Super Dungeon Explore

Super Dungeon Explore

Postby HeroQuestFrance » November 19th, 2011, 1:40 pm

I'm waiting for my copy of SUPER DUNGEON EXPLORE.
It should arrive next week and .... in french !
The american company finally understood they were missing a lot of sales in France , swiss, belgium, canada, andorre, south africa etc
I already bought one liter of the "super glue" to build the minis which come completely apart in seperated packages. (50 minis !!!)
For those who don't know it, just google the name of the game.
To resume for the older ones, it's the famous "gauntlet" videogame of the end of the '80 on a boardgame this time with super deformed faces for each heroes & monsters. (a kind of japanese manga inspiration)
You have monster spawn points to destroy, a mini boss and a boss depending of the number of players in game and a visible map.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Super Dungeon Explore

Postby Daedalus » November 20th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Do you think it can be adapted successfully into a HQ-style dungeon crawl rather than a Gauntlet-style unending hordes game? Those potion dice would have to be limited in some fasion, I guess. Maybe a time limit would be required....
I'd love it if more scenarios were possible/available to alter the game in this direction. Also, it would be cool if it were campaignable. Have to wait and see.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » November 21st, 2011, 3:06 pm

I'd love to see pictures of the entire contents of the box, with all miniatures. Can't really make that out from the website.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 21st, 2011, 4:25 pm

Try this link for BGG. Check out the images section about halfway down the page by clicking the thumbnails and navigating between pages.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » November 22nd, 2011, 10:55 am

You also have many youtube videos of the opening of the box !! :

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 13th, 2011, 2:18 pm

The french version gains many erratums so more playable and less questions/problems about the gameplay.
You can easily say : to open a door it's one movement point or one action and you have a possible heroquest like (better of course)
This game has a huge potential. They are releasing a expansion with some undeads next month so we will have it very soon in french too and that's great !
I alsmot completed the paint. Today it's the first part drying (quickshade) :

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 21st, 2011, 5:39 am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 22nd, 2011, 1:46 pm

Oh man! Can't wait to get my hands on this! Not seen it in any Danish stores yet though :-(

As far as I could google the expansion is a Super Mario Bros inspired theme with turtle enemies.
Where do you have the info of it being undead from?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » December 23rd, 2011, 5:33 am

Inside the rulebook we had some tips !
In fact the pages 2 & 3 describe you the universe of the game and its different areas.
You also have some clues into cards and special effects that are not working with the minis inside the box. (holy weapon, cross effect, etc)
We had some sketches about 2 new heroes and 2 new monsters :

http://www.battlegrip.com/?p=30635
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachmen ... 1322295926

But a official erratum of the rules is waited first

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 23rd, 2012, 1:45 pm

Sorry for hi-jacking...

Does anyone know of any online stores located within the European Union who actually sell AND stock this game?
I have to face that this apparently isn't coming to Denmark on it's own...
Been searching desperately!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Super Dungeon Explore Room