Talisman

Topics related to Talisman

Re: Talisman

Postby knightkrawler » Tuesday October 1st, 2013 2:10am

Or the EU version.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Blackthorn » Tuesday October 1st, 2013 2:26am

IvenBach wrote:You apparently haven't played Zargon/Morcar much... :P

Oh, but I have! However, the heroes soon learn that have to work together to succeed which is one of the things that makes HeroQuest unique. Even as Zargon I had to show some benevolence from time to time. A TPK early in the game can be a real bummer.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Tuesday October 1st, 2013 4:23am

Blackthorn wrote:
IvenBach wrote:You apparently haven't played Zargon/Morcar much... :P

Oh, but I have! However, the heroes soon learn that have to work together to succeed which is one of the things that makes HeroQuest unique. Even as Zargon I had to show some benevolence from time to time. A TPK early in the game can be a real bummer.

Especially if your group hates the game like mine. :P No rerounds if TPK happens.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » Tuesday October 1st, 2013 5:42am

Talisman games are each different experiences. It sometimes happens that a player gets snowballed early on with bad draws and never recovers. Luckily, you get killed pretty easily and can start anew. I've seen a twelve-hour game won by a player's third character that was only in play for the last half-hour.

The most common occurrence is that each player avoids the others until the boldest of them makes a run for the Inner Region and the other two go after him. That bold player is usually me, and most of the time I can outrun the other player(s) ardor.

In a two-player game, I am not known to lose very often--not often in three-player games, either.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Talisman Room