• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Alien Event Card question...

Topics related to Space Crusade

Alien Event Card question...

Postby Kurgan » November 5th, 2022, 12:51 pm

After having played my first game with others as the "Chaos" player, I'm curious about a few things. How was this intended?

Several of the alien event cards are very specific to certain creatures (I call them monsters, but aliens, robots, whatever, the "bad guys"). For instance I got a card that turns the Gretchin into a bomb-thrower. However at the time I had only blip tokens on the board.

Should this mean that the card is useless (since there are no revealed monsters of this type yet) or it is in effect the entire round, meaning blips that get revealed as Gretchen would be empowered this way? (Apply to any character specific card, etc)

I could understand that the first way would favor the other players, but the second would favor the bad guys. Should Alien Events be viewed as instant "in the moment" or "during the round" and how do you play?

Also, as I understand it, monsters (whether in blip form or miniature form) can open doors, but the blips are only "revealed" as characters when they have LOS to a "good guy." So if my Gretchin opens a door leading to some Blips, him seeing them has no effect, only the Space Marine (or Eldar, or friendly Ork faction via White Dwarf) seeing them from across the hall does this, right?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Alien Event Card question...

Postby lestodante » November 6th, 2022, 9:01 am

I think yes, you can use it if at least a Gretchin is already on the board, otherwise it is discarded.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Alien Event Card question...

Postby Kurgan » November 6th, 2022, 6:56 pm

Okay sounds logical, thanks!

Rewards: