• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3d Printed Unit Base for Battle Masters? (needed)

Topics related to Battle Masters

3d Printed Unit Base for Battle Masters? (needed)

Postby Kurgan » October 25th, 2021, 10:40 am

So when I do a search for "battle masters stl" or "3d printed battle masters" I find tons of conversions of the miniatures to a HeroQuest compatible version (with the little individual base). What I don't find is a scan (even a poor one) of the "unit base" that you slot the original figures into.

What if you want to create a few matching bases for extra units? I'm really shocked something like this doesn't exist. I have no ability to scan my bases, but am I missing where this is been done before... anybody know?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 3d Printed Unit Base for Battle Masters? (needed)

Postby HispaZargon » October 25th, 2021, 4:47 pm

Kurgan wrote:So when I do a search for "battle masters stl" or "3d printed battle masters" I find tons of conversions of the miniatures to a HeroQuest compatible version (with the little individual base). What I don't find is a scan (even a poor one) of the "unit base" that you slot the original figures into.

What if you want to create a few matching bases for extra units? I'm really shocked something like this doesn't exist. I have no ability to scan my bases, but am I missing where this is been done before... anybody know?

Well, I think a .stl model of such bases can be easily made by someone with basic 3D modelling skills and having one real base which dimensions could be measured since base geometry is very simple. The resulting model will not be exactly the same as the original but it will be very close and will have better quality than any 3D scanning, especially the flat areas. I have not too much time now but that's something I could try in future months, if none scan appear. Nevertheless, you could try to contact Inn's member enfenix, maybe he could give you a solution.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: EspaƱol
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby enfenix » April 30th, 2022, 4:32 am

It's been a while since the post was created. However, if you are still looking for it, the better approach would be to redesign the base in open scad. In my opinion, a scan only makes sense for organic forms.
enfenix

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby b_0 » September 11th, 2023, 1:38 pm

There are a couple of variants of the battle masters bases here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4707613

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5997174
b_0

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)

Return to Battle Masters Room