• Advertisement

Battle Masters - How much would buy it for?

Topics related to Battle Masters

Battle Masters - How much would buy it for?

Postby DaGobbo » Saturday April 13th, 2019 4:44pm

Hey Guys,

First off I'm not trying to sell a copy of Battle Masters, but looking at perhaps buying a used copy that I've found.
I located one used for sale in good condition and for the life of me I'm trying to work out just how much is my nostalgia worth.
The setup time will reduce how often it will be played, not too mention very few friends who would be interested in playing it.
I doubt my wife will go 6ft near it, lol.

I had heard that the models are good replacements for HQ and it comes with a huge amount of miniatures.
My searches online have found varying prices from new AUD$360 to used AUD$200.

Just after a second perspective. He's after AUD$150 and mentioned that some models are still in sprues.
NB: I'm in Australia, so keep in mind what currency you mention.

Cheers
“When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning.” ― Reiner Knizia
DaGobbo

Forum Language: British English

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Battle Masters - How much would buy it for?

Postby DungeonDwarf » Monday April 15th, 2019 6:12am

DaGobbo,

I like Battle Masters. I purchased mine brand new a couple years ago on EBAY. I think it was around $80 USD. Today, I think around $100 USD ($140 AUD) is reasonable for a complete set in good condition. I’ve never cared about minis being on the sprue, as I play my games.

I think it’s worth getting. They aren’t making anymore... and 10 years from now you’ll be glad you bought it. I know I am.
DungeonDwarf

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Postby lestodante » Monday April 15th, 2019 4:40pm

Well, I am not a great fan of Battle Master and probably I am still remembering the price of about 10 years ago when BattleMasters was around 20 or 30 usd worth.
I remember I bought an UK HeroQuest as a gift to my aunt for 20 gbp plus shipping cost and also DragonStrike I payd 20 euros! Battle Master had the same price or even less. SO considering how the prices rised through the years I guess 80-100 is the price you could find it, but for me is a game that is still worth about 20-30 euros.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DaGobbo » Saturday April 20th, 2019 4:49pm

Thanks for the perspective. I always have to stop myself with the item purchases from my nostalgic childhood.
I might offer the guy $100 see if he's interested or not, trying not to collect to much at the moment as I just started clearing out and selling a whole bunch of my Warhammer 90s models.
Don't want to recollect a bunch of new stuff for the sake of it and not play it. My wife will kill me lol.

Cheers
“When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning.” ― Reiner Knizia
DaGobbo

Return to Battle Masters Room