• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Has anyone played Battlemasters?

Topics related to Battle Masters

Re: Has anyone played Battlemasters?

Postby sajungzak » Thursday December 12th, 2013 9:14am

Sjeng, you probably knew this, but I knew what you meant.v I'm a nut for puns. :D

Goblin King, I was simply listing things that are vilified. Justly, or otherwise. And the apparent need to vilify something. Society needs those other guys to put down. Create competition maybe? Or like a bully makes is feel good to be "better" than them.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby StratosVX » Sunday February 16th, 2014 4:09pm

I actually liked playing this a lot as a kid, but the set up time was pretty long and it was kind of a pain to play because I could only play it in the family room because of its size, so if anybody else wanted to do anything in there, I was out of luck. I'm currently scanning and editing the tiles and cards (mine were beat up) so I have a digital version to fall back on if anything happens to the originals. I plan on scanning the mat and making a smaller version of the game so it's more table-top friendly. If anybody is interested in any of these files, let me know. I'm happy to make them public.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday February 16th, 2014 4:14pm

Sure! Couldnt hurt to have a backup of another oop game ;-)

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » Sunday February 16th, 2014 4:55pm

StratosVX wrote:I plan on scanning the mat and making a smaller version of the game so it's more table-top friendly. If anybody is interested in any of these files, let me know. I'm happy to make them public.

That's a brilliant idea!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Monday February 17th, 2014 9:43pm

I keep many of my files in PDF format so I can just print them off. Would you guys like these sheets or just 300dpi jpegs? I ask because my PDF files are larger than most of what I see on here. My cannon tiles are just under 20MB but they are laid out and ready for printing. The sheet containing the rubble tiles, skull tiles and elite tiles is only 3.5 though. Also, as I haven't posted much here, not sure how to go about getting them to you guys. I'm new to forums so you'll have to bear with me.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Monday February 17th, 2014 9:44pm

drathe wrote:
StratosVX wrote:I plan on scanning the mat and making a smaller version of the game so it's more table-top friendly. If anybody is interested in any of these files, let me know. I'm happy to make them public.

That's a brilliant idea!

I should clarify, I will ATTEMPT to make a smaller version. We'll see how it goes...

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gootchute » Tuesday February 18th, 2014 11:46am

I pucked this up at a thrift shop for a couple bucks. Fun for a few games and lots of nice minis for HQ.

The battle mat is terribly low resolution, and scanning it seems like a nightmare. You might be better off finding some hex tiles online and using those.
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Wednesday February 19th, 2014 2:37am

I believe I have all of the tiles done. These links are for PDF files of the various tiles.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2AFq ... authuser=0

Now I guess I'll tackle the cards next...
Last edited by StratosVX on Sunday January 4th, 2015 12:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » Thursday February 20th, 2014 5:20am

G'day,

If you need a scan of the Battle Masters' mat, one was done by Malechi (fromhttps://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HeroQuest-Boardgame/info) for the Battle Masters vassal module.

He managed to undertake this herculean effort and create a great scan of the battle mat. Great work Mal!

I'm sure if you contacted him, he would be able to assist you with this.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Thursday February 20th, 2014 1:59pm

LurchBrick wrote:G'day,

If you need a scan of the Battle Masters' mat, one was done by Malechi (fromhttps://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HeroQuest-Boardgame/info) for the Battle Masters vassal module.

He managed to undertake this herculean effort and create a great scan of the battle mat. Great work Mal!

I'm sure if you contacted him, he would be able to assist you with this.

Actually I contacted him already. I read that he did that for you in the readme file for your module so I thought I send him a message, but he no longer had any of the files he used for that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member