• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

.Twisting Catacombs. Dungeon Scenery Kickstarter. Feedback

Topics relating to Zealot Miniatures' Twisting Catacombs dungeon scenery Kickstarter campaign may be discussed in this room.

Re: .Twisted Catacombs. A Dungeon Scenery Kickstarter Proje

Postby Maike05 » August 13th, 2014, 7:57 am

Very nice portal ! :-D
About the porticullis, I would like to use it especially to block corridors.

Another scenery in the magical vein : 1x1 fire wall ! And of course ice and rock walls as well !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Tott » August 13th, 2014, 8:43 am

oh these are nice! any chance of doing whole room 3d tiles? its a bit much i know but having some 3d structure to a room (steps up to a platform etc) could add real interesting options for play. or a group of different 4x4 tiles, 3d so you can put them together in different ways to make all sorts of rooms. you could have several sets of these
sewer/pipes
dwarven hall
ancient tomb
goblin lair etc

if there was half a dozen different 4x4 tiles in each set, you could buy several sets and make gargantuan rooms or really long corridors if you wanted. similar to your sewer tiles but more themed and constructed.
this guy here made something similar himself:
http://deuc.free.fr/warhammerquest/albums/skavenlaboratory.html

some different scenic doors:
the boss door: like in the legend of Zelda -the boss is behind THIS door.
a magical door/Mentors mystical portal - the magical portal back to mentors inner sanctum. it could be an exit door (you could put it anywhere on the board but its a door frame with a big whirly portal in it - you are leaving.
a conjured stone wall or fire wall

a gargoyle. 2 statues of the same creature. one where its stood still like a statue but the other its definitely alive.

whens the KS start?
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » August 14th, 2014, 7:35 am

Maike05 wrote:Very nice portal ! :-D
About the porticullis, I would like to use it especially to block corridors.
Another scenery in the magical vein : 1x1 fire wall ! And of course ice and rock walls as well !

All done :D

And have a section on the site now with some info.
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/twist ... acombs.php

Tott wrote:oh these are nice! any chance of doing whole room 3d tiles? its a bit much i know but having some 3d structure to a room (steps up to a platform etc) could add real interesting options for play. or a group of different 4x4 tiles, 3d so you can put them together in different ways to make all sorts of rooms. you could have several sets of these
sewer/pipes
dwarven hall
ancient tomb
goblin lair etc

if there was half a dozen different 4x4 tiles in each set, you could buy several sets and make gargantuan rooms or really long corridors if you wanted. similar to your sewer tiles but more themed and constructed.
this guy here made something similar himself:
http://deuc.free.fr/warhammerquest/albums/skavenlaboratory.html

some different scenic doors:
the boss door: like in the legend of Zelda -the boss is behind THIS door.
a magical door/Mentors mystical portal - the magical portal back to mentors inner sanctum. it could be an exit door (you could put it anywhere on the board but its a door frame with a big whirly portal in it - you are leaving.
a conjured stone wall or fire wall

a gargoyle. 2 statues of the same creature. one where its stood still like a statue but the other its definitely alive.

whens the KS start?

Thanks for the ideas Tott |_P I think we are going to avoid too many tiles though. There a a few others around and we have not had any success with the sewer themed ones released in the store.
But the raised area idea sounds good, will do a set of stairs and raised blocks so that you can add an extra level to the board.

And yep, more doors on the way ;)

Aiming for the end of September, will see how the design goes - doing everything in-house so very little risks to it.
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Rogue Servitor » August 14th, 2014, 9:00 am

looks awesome!

what kind of size are you thinking? I'm planning on scaling up my board / tiles to 40mm squares to make using newer minis more practical.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rogue Servitor

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Tott » August 14th, 2014, 9:05 am

with regards to the sewer sets you do have - first of all they look great. but they are a little bit on the uneventful side. i like the look of them, but i struggle to think of how id use them, why are our heroes down there? they could do with some sort of feature rooms. a sewer room with a chaos portal, or a demon hive, a necromancers lab or a breach to a skaven lair and it would be a different matter. maybe if the big rooms had a removable pool and there were different centre pieces you could pop in. as they are, i think you could print off a sewer tile for a lot cheaper.
also, for me, the 3x3 size doesn't work for the HQ board. kinda small point in the long run though. sorry if i sound really negative, I'm trying to do a constructive criticism
you could do 2x2 blocks with various combinations of raised areas that people could simply lay printed tiles on then a few types of 3d stairs to move between levels.
love the look of the portcullis - will there be a double version? hurry up and get the Ks ready i need you to take my money.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Schmidt » August 14th, 2014, 11:59 am

Justaquickprototypeinb4ThantosmakesaGreatlookingirondoor
image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 14th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Woooow Thantos I love you :) already count me in for backers!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Thantos » August 15th, 2014, 6:22 am

Rogue Servitor wrote:looks awesome!

what kind of size are you thinking? I'm planning on scaling up my board / tiles to 40mm squares to make using newer minis more practical.

Thanks RS :) Its based on 25mm which is suitable for a standard HQ board and for similar sized games and boards.

40mm may be pushing it a bit. I would be happy to offer two scales of scenery, if there is sufficient interest. But as for now, just focusing on the regular 25mm (28mm -30mm scale miniatures) area.

Tott wrote:love the look of the portcullis - will there be a double version? hurry up and get the Ks ready i need you to take my money.

Yep there will be a double version later on :) Ha need to get more goodies made yet ;)
Thanks for the feedback on the sewer sets, i have some more pieces for it to release which may make it more eventful and some more rooms. Always good to get more opinions! |_P

Schmidt wrote:Justaquickprototypeinb4ThantosmakesaGreatlookingirondoor

Nice door schmidt! Didnt think about iron reinforced doors. That would make for a good stretch goal!

Maike05 wrote:Woooow Thantos I love you :) already count me in for backers!

I love you too fella! :P lol Thanks

I better get to making something for this today then... hmmm... *looks at list*
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » August 15th, 2014, 6:58 am

I love the portcullis and the lever. I was going to try making a lever like that but now I don't need to. I still need to place an order for some doors and figures. I'll get there. Eventually.

You can count on me backing this too.

Just had a thought on the portal too. If you made the clear tinted resin piece removable, you could drop in a clear piece to turn it into a well (you just have to overlook the runes). Other colors might work for other objects too.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 15th, 2014, 7:12 am

Always remember the knightkrawler is one who quite likely is to put money in 35 or 40mm square dungeons.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter