• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Count Mohawk's Card Templates

The studio where Inn artists gather to share their works and help others with projects needing art.

Count Mohawk's Card Templates

Postby Count Mohawk » July 10th, 2016, 5:16 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

As you can see, I employ a wide variety of custom card frames for the construction of my Hero Quest cards. I said I would upload these eventually for other people's use, and so I have - not just the image files themselves, but the .PSD files for easy editing as well!
You will need my custom font, HQModern.ttf, to use these, which you can find in my signature (along with a whole bunch of other stuff).
Here's the link to my Dropbox folder.

I work exclusively in 3.5 x 2.5", the size of Magic cards and most other card game cards. If there's interest, I can tweak these files to the original Hero Quest size of 3.5" x 2.2".

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Count Mohawk's Card Templates

Postby Daedalus » February 15th, 2017, 10:27 am

Providing a variety of background colors and textures is a great way to differentiate the spell groups at a glance. I personally don't need an alternate look, bit it's easy to see the advantages of your design choices. Thanks for taking the trouble to make the templates accessible; the Inn has yet another ready-to-share, usable resource!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby RobertSi » December 8th, 2017, 9:22 am

Daedalus wrote:Providing more info on Hydromax and a variety of background colors and textures is a great way to differentiate the spell groups at a glance. I personally don't need an alternate look, bit it's easy to see the advantages of your design choices. Thanks for taking the trouble to make the templates accessible; the Inn has yet another ready-to-share, usable resource!

I like your work, Count Mohawk. The first row of cards especially caught my eye. Very stylish. What else are you working on?
Last edited by RobertSi on December 10th, 2021, 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
RobertSi

Postby Count Mohawk » December 17th, 2017, 11:24 am

RobertSi wrote:I like your work, Count Mohawk. The first row of cards especially caught my eye. Very stylish. What else are you working on?

Right now, nothing. I had been planning a couple of new Quest Packs to follow after my first one "Heralds of Chaos", but to be honest I haven't touched the Hero Quest hobby for several months now, and it may be several more months before I hop back into it.

If you want to see the threads for the stuff I had been brainstorming most recently, I'll provide you the links, however:
  • An experimental thread for an Alchemist Hero, with the ability to mix Potions to make better items
  • A Quest Pack, "Heir of the Cursemaster": the Heroes have to go around breaking a few curses and then killing the Chaos Sorcerer responsible for setting them in the first place
  • My 12-Quest-Pack series "AlterQuest", currently only about 30% done. The next Quest Pack I was going to write for this one would have been "To Slay a Dragon", which would be about 8 Quests long and culminate in a big fight against a giant red dragon atop its horde of treasure!
And of course, there's a bunch of links to stuff in my signature as well, so don't forget to check those out!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Artist's Guild