• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q7 Forgotten Tombs

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Q7 Forgotten Tombs

Postby j_dean80 » October 27th, 2018, 10:27 pm

"I have learned the noble's daughter is actually adopted. She is the direct descendant of Sir Vladnar, the knight who defeated the dragon Teshnirax. The evil alliance has dug their way to his tomb in preparation for the ritual. Caution my friends, for in their haste to reach it, they have caused the catacombs to start collapsing. Free Sir Vladnar's tomb of the evil presence to ensure the noble's daughter stays safe. Afterwards, escape up the spiral stairway."

The Heroes start on the "X"s. In this Quest, the rules for falling block squares are different. Any player who moves onto one of these squares must roll a red die. If he rolls a 4, 5, or 6, he will lose one Body Point. If the player is equipped with a helmet, he will only lose a Body Point on a roll of a 6. Monsters are not affected by these squares. Do not place the falling block tiles onto the gameboard. Heroes are not blocked by these squares in this Quest.

A. This room will fill with water and drown the Heroes on Zargon's fifth turn if the door is not opened in time. The locked door can only be opened by the Dwarf rolling anything but a black shield with one combat die. The water drains through the pit trap just outside the door.

B. If a Hero searches for treasure in this room he must roll 1 combat die. If a white shield is rolled he finds 10 gold coins. If a black shield is rolled he finds nothing and does not draw a treasure card. If a skull is rolled he is instantly attacked by a Skeleton.

C. Before the Kobold Trickster is defeated he drops a flask on the ground filling the room with smoke and disappears.

D. This is the tomb of Sir Vladnar. Place the Red Room Tile here. The room is filled with sorcerers preparing for the ritual. The Fimir and Kobolds in this room each know the Swamp Spells.

Wandering Monster: Skeleton
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Q7 Forgotten Tombs

Postby Count Mohawk » October 30th, 2018, 10:55 am

I see that you re-used the "alternate falling block traps" from the Quest for the Spirit Blade in the base system. I like it!

This Quest is very cramped, but that's just fitting for a bunch of catacombs.

Can't think of anything else to comment on this Quest right now. I'll have to update my worksheet to include the whole arc now, though. Good - now we just have the last 7 Quests to complete!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to HQ25th Quests