• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Q22 Pre-Alpha

Quests for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.
Forum rules
Please follow this format:

Post Subject: Q#. "Title" by "Author"

First Post: Map + Quest Notes

Following Posts: Public discussion.

Q22 Pre-Alpha

Postby Gold Bearer » July 21st, 2014, 4:12 am

ChaosLord.png
A. These falling rocks block the way after the fifth artefact is taken from the chaos lord and causes an earthquake when it activates the other four.

B. This door is locked ans magically sealed. The chaos lord has the key.

C. These trapdoors can be found by searching for secret doors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Q22 Pre-Alpha

Postby Gold Bearer » July 24th, 2014, 7:38 am

I got the beta of this done. Who wants to pbp test it? Up to five people (the ice mage) but not KK or GK. I'm not having those two playing just so they can look for any little thing they can find to criticise.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Teldurn » July 24th, 2014, 12:43 pm

I'm a little confused by the layout. Are all the rooms open?
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 24th, 2014, 2:06 pm

That was the early concept version just to show the idea I had in mind. I've done the map now but I want to test it with pbp. ;) You in? :)

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » July 25th, 2014, 4:49 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I got the beta of this done. Who wants to pbp test it? Up to five people (the ice mage) but not KK or GK. I'm not having those two playing just so they can look for any little thing they can find to criticise.

Again, I think it is good for people to evaluate ALL quests and ideas posted on the HQ25 subject, and if needed post their thoughts/critisizm, as long as it adds to the experience.
If something seems to complex, it probably is. In the end, we want people to pick up the pack and love it, not read it and think "gosh, this is waaaay to complicated for my gaming group" and just leave it alone. We've worked too hard on this to have it ignored. So critisizm should be welcomed. I say: invite them, welcome them, and see what they have to say. Take those ideas and work with them. You will see the end result is much better.

I had the same problem in university. I worked long and hard on something, and my tutors seemed to burn down everything I made. Later I realised they were right. I didn't like it, but when I took their advice, it did work out much better in the end.
Just keep in mind we are all here to make this project succeed. All input is welcomed. They are tyring to help you, not troll/flame you. Trust me on that.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 25th, 2014, 6:58 am

I don't think that's their motivation though. I'm tired of thinking/taking about/dealing with those two. I don't want to spend any more time on haters. It's wasted energy.

I can understand it seeming complex when it's viewed all at once like this but try to see it from the players perspective. They get maybe one page or a card with monster variations for the chapter with very simple and easy to follow additional rules. Then in each quest they get notes explaining set by step as they go (again in an extremely easy to follow way) what happens where and when, and this is after they're very deep into the quest pack when they should be ready for a bit more variation. Those two are trying their hardest to make it seem far more complex than it actually is. There may be quite a few things happening in a quest but they happen one at a time. That's what makes a quest interesting.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » July 25th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:I got the beta of this done. Who wants to pbp test it? Up to five people (the ice mage) but not KK or GK. I'm not having those two playing just so they can look for any little thing they can find to criticise.

Seriosly? Are you going to put on the chapters notes that "Goblin-King and knightkrawler are not allowed to play these quests."? I tried to put this as friendly as I can: Do you know how immature picture a post like that gives from you? Chill man, plz.

Edit: I can tell you that GK and KK are awesome. You just don't understand that whatever they do, they are trying to help. :2cents:
Last edited by TMU on July 25th, 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 25th, 2014, 1:52 pm

I'm trying to be sensible, it wouldn't end well or be fun for anyone. I'd be wound up from the start because I'd know that they're doing it for the wrong reason. It would only make things worse.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to HQ25th Quests