• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Uploading game assets to the asset library

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Uploading game assets to the asset library

Postby ArmyVman » May 16th, 2022, 2:34 pm

I was born and raised in Italy and I recently uncovered my original 1990 edition of Hero Quest in Italian and it brought so many good memories, that I've used this site to convert it to english for my kids to enjoy.

I realize that I can buy the newly released Hasbro version, but there is something very nostalgic about playing with the original miniatures, on the original board, rolling the original dice, that I have so many good memories with as a kid.

With that said, I want to contribute as well. Like I said I have a complete original Italian set with 3 expansions, and I see that there are a lot of Italian game assets missing from the Italian library repository. I would love to submit what I have for posterity, but I'm afraid I don't have the skills or software to "remaster" them. Do I just scan them as is and submit them? Does anyone have any instructions or suggestions, or a link that you could point me to for best practices?

Thanks to all and happy to be here.
ArmyVman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Uploading game assets to the asset library

Postby Kurgan » May 16th, 2022, 5:14 pm

Welcome to the forums! You'll want to contact the moderators and visit here.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 21st, 2022, 11:57 am

Thanks for the offer!

drathe, the creator of the Inn, was uploading translated content for quite a while, but that has dropped off since he changed careers. Kurgan has the right idea--post in the Resource Translations sub-forum what you want to share. drathe may take it up one day, but a surer plan would be to use a sharing site and link to it. HispaZargon has done that with the Japanese HeroQuest translation, and it's available now.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby iKarith » June 15th, 2022, 1:55 pm

ArmyVman wrote:With that said, I want to contribute as well. Like I said I have a complete original Italian set with 3 expansions, and I see that there are a lot of Italian game assets missing from the Italian library repository. I would love to submit what I have for posterity, but I'm afraid I don't have the skills or software to "remaster" them. Do I just scan them as is and submit them? Does anyone have any instructions or suggestions, or a link that you could point me to for best practices?

A belated welcome! And … very cool! If you've got scans, I'll take 'em! I'm working on that section of the website currently. If you have access to the tools needed, I can help you with how to use them. The main thing you're going to need is a flatbed scanner and whatever software is required to make it work. If you're using a Mac, that's often just the OS's own Image Capture program. On Windows it's a program that comes with the scanner typically, or if you're a photoshop user the software might be included in that.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 11th, 2022, 9:35 am

Best of news, iKarith!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby iKarith » July 27th, 2022, 2:29 am

Technically speaking, posting missing assets today is legally different than having had them up for approximately the past 20 years, but as time goes on I think it's clear that anyone in a position to care is cool with what we've got for the old games, has decided that if they weren't that ship sailed some 20 years ago, or doesn't know nor really care to know that this site exists. Possibly some combination of all three. Given that, I think we can safely add anything in the neighborhood of 30 years old without worry.

The current stuff is a different story. Hasbro's policy seems to be that they gladly post retail release "game rules" themselves and are chill about reposts of those. But I've seen takedown demands for other components and stuff that isn't retail (like the mythic quests).

So if ArmyVman or anyone else has scans of the old stuff we are missing, absolutely send 'em my way and I'll get 'em posted as soon as I reasonably can!
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby