• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Good evening, so nice to meet you...

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Good evening, so nice to meet you...

Postby iKarith » Wednesday May 19th, 2021 11:24pm

Daedalus wrote:(Daedalus takes one step back.) The guy with the staff wants to check out the basement. Anyone else?

Staff of Sightless Finding and Not Tripping Over Things.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » Thursday May 20th, 2021 7:58am

Sounds useful for discovering pit traps. 8-)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » Friday May 21st, 2021 7:26am

Daedalus wrote:Sounds useful for discovering pit traps. 8-)

Actually, I'm CERT-trained. CERT, the Community Emergency Response Team, is essentially a citizen volunteer group. They're the guys with the green backpacks and hard hats. Some places take theirs seriously—Portland calls CERT "NET" (because our SWAT is called "SERT" since SWAT, "sounds sooo military!!!!11!one!", f**king Portland sissif*grumble*…)

…anyhow, when we finish our training, it's at the firefighters' training course. You're going into several floors of a building. It's pitch black in there, and … you've got flashlights but the haze makes it so you can't see anything with them. And you're looking for people who survived. And people who didn't. Nobody could see squat.

One person on the team didn't need to see. I'm an albino, I'm used to not being able to see in sunlight, but I have and use that white cane, and it works as well in the dark as in the light. In fact, I trained to use it wearing a blindfold. If anybody on the four teams I was part of that day wondered what good a blind man would be on an emergency team… yeah. There's other stuff I can't do very well of course—takes a team. Same as HeroQuest. :)

So yeah, it would be good for finding and triggering traps from a safe distance. Problem is it's sort of susceptible to being crushed (it's hollow and made of a graphite weave…) But it's lightweight, it would fit in a backpack or a belt sheath when collapsed (it telescopes), and while it wouldn't do more than 1 BP of damage no matter what I did with it, it can be used to disarm and capture a prisoner and ensure their compliance through pressure points to lead them out of the dungeon.

(I learned how to use it to that purpose at a dojo across town some years ago, it's extremely useful for small circle jujitsu!)
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby