• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest fan and now Hero GM Developer!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Heroquest fan and now Hero GM Developer!

Postby LauDividni » November 16th, 2019, 12:09 am

Greetings all from California!

I found Ye Olde Inn roughly a year ago, shortly after I rediscovered my Heroquest set from childhood. It was great to find this and share it with my son. Since then, I have delved deep, playing games with my family, making custom cards, adopting ideas and rules from this board, 3D printing characters and terrain, jumping into DND 5E, etc.

Thanks to this board, I discovered a sadly now dormant podcast called RPG Gamerdad, and he had some exceptional actual plays where he played Heroquest with his young son. It was so great the imaginative way they played, and Gamerdad went above and beyond by adding sound effects, dungeon ambiance, and voice changing for the orcs, etc. I thought to myself: "That's awesome! Did they play the game like that? (probably not.) .. Why can't you play a game like that??"

That's what sparked an idea that I've been working on over the past year -- Hero GM Advanced Soundboard! It is a soundboard probably unlike any other you have used and is quite suited to mimic and even improve upon the multimedia style of GMing inspired by RPG Gamerdad. It's a very unique and fun way to play, especially when you add in music and dungeon ambiance.

Normally I am just a total lurker, enjoying all the great ideas and never adding anything, but I was inspired to create this thing, and now I have no choice but to share it! :shock: I posted a link and info about Hero GM here: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5108 . Besides that, I am happy to be here and happy to answer any questions you may have. I will try hard to not just be a lurker, and will add what I can to this awesome community!
http://www.herogmsound.com Advanced Soundboard designed for Heroquest and other RPGs
LauDividni

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Ye Olde Lobby