• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello from Ryno

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello from Ryno

Postby Ryno » August 9th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Hey, my name is Ryno (friends actually call me that) and I'm a HeroQuestaholic.

I used to play HeroQuest when it came to the united states in the early 90's as pre-teenager. I even got all the US expansions. My friends and I played, but it was never as many friends as I'd wanted or hoped and was never as dedicated enough to play all the quests of anything. Somewhere along the line, we all lost interest and I sold away my HeroQuest and all expansions.

17 years later, I'm married and have a 10 year old step-son. My wife and step-son are awesome, they love playing rpg video games, dragon age, fable to name a couple and they are both very into the fantasy genre, mainly lord of the rings and we all love having family time. Also, I have a group of friends that are heavily into World of Warcraft and are high up in end-game raids. These friends also play d&d here and there and have game nights here and there.

I wanted to get an awesome board game that my wife and step-son would enjoy playing and having family time together with, so I thought back and said to myself, what is the best board game EVER!? It's HeroQuest!!! So, I got it (x2) on ebay recently, got me some colored dice http://www.shopping-guru.de/index.php?m ... =Heroquest and got all the expansions except elf quest pack (yet).

It's healthy to say that I have a somewhat unhealthy addiction to HeroQuest, not only playing but researching on the net, new and better ways to make the game even better.

Over the passed few weeks, I have played as the GM with my wife and step-son, which is a blast as well as a group of 6 (heroes) friends which was, well, not as fun. You should expect to see some wacky ideas and pestering questions from me around here and the near and hopefully long-term.

Thanks so much to everyone that is a part Ye Olde Inn and other amazing sites (you know who you are) for making HeroQuest even better!
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello from Ryno

Postby drathe » August 10th, 2010, 12:33 am

Welcome to the community!

Glad you've been able to get back into HeroQuest. It's great that you can not only play with friends, but that your family enjoys it too. Feel free to pester us all with any and all questions you may have. Can't wait for those wacky ideas you're planning to share.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby