• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Well met, adventurers

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Well met, adventurers

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 28th, 2017, 11:16 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:I just saw the picture of your collection. It's beautiful!

Well I did make that Flickr account to post photos specifically for this site, might as well start using it.
I posted most of the photos of my collection on this thread
Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=634&start=230
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 28th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Cael Darkhollow wrote:Well I did make that Flickr account to post photos specifically for this site, might as well start using it.
I posted most of the photos of my collection on this thread
Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=634&start=230

That's incredible! I'm jealous. That's quite a collection.

All I've got is the main US Game System. I've been printing out new cards, tiles, and quests that I've found on the internet, including ones from the expansions, and I'm working on buying additional minis when and where I can find them, but it's slow and expensive.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » November 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm

I'd recommend using your own ftp/hosting service, one could be gotten for not much money and then all your links can be updated to a new site. Hosting on someone else's site, you're always at their mercy.
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 2nd, 2017, 4:10 pm

Cael Darkhollow wrote:My photobucket account went caput when they lost their minds and their customer base overnight practically by trying to extort a kings ransom for services that were free for years, so I am currently thinking of means to get photos on this site, as there are a great many things I would like to share here. I have been thinking flicker might be the way to go. Man I hate that most forums don't allow direct uploads and instead must require a hosting site for photos. If they ever go under (photobucket is the current example) it leaves a wasteland of broken image links on blogs, forums and searches. I have already noticed a few on this site. It would be fantastic if we knew that all of the photos members put up were secure forever by hosting pictures uploaded directly on the forum sites themselves.

Too bad the Inn's storage capacity is limited by the terms of the web-hosting service, otherwise attachments would always be hunky-dory. As things stand, the Inn is a fansite financially supported by drathe (the administrator), the occasional donation, and some minimal advertising.

Until Photobucket's recent dickery, file-hosting was working to keep costs down. As I understand it, to guarantee unlimited attachments, a subscription from Inn members would be necessary to pay for it. The Inn wouldn't be so frequented then, that's almost certain. Though they aren't guaranteed to stay free, Imagur and Flickr are still preferable options, in my opinion.

Fortunately, we have the forum Gallery and Champion status. Image attachments are allowed and left up at the discretion of the Wizards of Zargon (the administrators and moderators.) Check the rules.

On a separate note, that's an impressive Ravenloft collection. How many of the modules have you used or played through? Have you been to the Fraternity of Shadows?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » December 3rd, 2017, 3:44 pm

Daedalus wrote:On a separate note, that's an impressive Ravenloft collection. How many of the modules have you used or played through? Have you been to the Fraternity of Shadows?

Why yes I have visited that site many times, although my posts there are few and far between. Perhaps if you frequent there you could guess my username? I have played most of the early modules up until chilling tales, and played several of the boxed adventures, but there are several still that I have not actually played. We played everything as it came out pretty much ( I DM'd), until I left for college. I still bought all of them for my collection even 1st AD&D edition, 3rd ed., 4th, and 5th, to own everything Ravenloft possible, modules, books, novels, even video games, but I mostly just read them these days as my D&D group stopped playing many years ago and only played AD&D 2nd edition. I really enjoy the setting. I have all of the published material for Ravenloft (and Planescape as well) a complete collection except for most of the miniatures (I do have a few of the important ones) the rest were not great anyway. I have played the Ravenloft board game and the other D&D newer board games with some regularity. When my nephews are a little older I will introduce them to old school D&D and Ravenloft, but for now we play Battlemasters and HeroQuest |_P
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 4th, 2017, 7:22 pm

I also haven't posted a lot there as lazybones. I've only managed to collect about 2/3 of the 2nd and 3rd edition Ravenloft material myself, though it all wasn't played through. I was enjoying the 5th ed. Castle Ravenloft adventure, but unfortunately our DM dropped the story cold turkey when he got a new job. :(

Hero Quest and Battle Masters . . . awesome. So far it has been Mice and Mystics for my daughter and I (and a young friend or two.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Lobby