• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Well met, adventurers

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Well met, adventurers

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 9th, 2017, 12:23 pm

"Greetings" echoes across the chamber as a cloaked figure you didn't notice before strides forth from a darkened corner of Mentor's study. Much detail of the stranger is lost in the voluminous cloak; well worn but sturdy boots and the tip of a sword scabbard hint at an experienced traveler. Discerning eyes and a hint of smile flash briefly in the dark. Mentor exclaims "ah yes, this is the heroic fellow I was telling you about that will join your adventuring party on this important dungeon delve...your quest begins"

I have been playing and collecting HeroQuest for 27 years. It is my favorite board game. I am an avid fan of fantasy with deep roots in J.R.R. Tolkien and Robert E. Howard's works. I am an esoteric collector. I collect board games, role playing games, video games, books, coins, figures, comics, skulls, rocks, medieval weaponry and movies just to name a few.
HeroQuest, Gauntlet, Castlevania, Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian, Dragon's Lair, Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Universal Monsters, Warhammer, Dungeons & Dragons particularly Ravenloft, Planescape and Forgotten Realms settings of AD&D 2nd edition, Harry Potter, and ghost stories are some of my interests.

My HeroQuest collection includes:
HeroQuest game system (US) x4 all with double figures, furniture and tiles, one set painted
HeroQuest Advanced Quest [Dark Company] (UK)
Kellar's Keep quest pack (US) x 3
Kellar's Keep quest pack (AUS) top opening hard box edition
Return of the Witch Lord quest pack (US) x2
Return of the Witch Lord quest pack (AUS) top opening hard box edition
Against the Ogre Horde expansion (AUS) top opening hard box edition
Against the Ogre Horde expansion (UK) flap opening soft box edition
Wizards of Morcar expansion (UK) flap opening soft box edition x2
HeroQuest Elf quest pack (US) x2
HeroQuest Barbarian quest pack (US) x2
HeroQuest Adventure Design Kit
The Fellowship of Four HeroQuest novel
The Screaming Spectre HeroQuest novel
The Tyrant's Tomb HeroQuest novel
HeroQuest CD computer Game by Gremlin
HeroQuest Nintendo game cartridge prototype
Advanced HeroQuest game
Advanced HeroQuest Terror in the Dark expansions
Advanced HeroQuest paint set
200 or so HeroQuest figures converted to Warhammer armies
Battlemasters game (US) x7 all but 2 converted to Warhammer armies
Battlemasters game UK version (green trays slightly different labels)
Battlemasters Chaos Warband expansion (UK)
Battlemasters Imperial Lord expansion (UK)
Warhammer fantasy battles editions 3-8, with large armies for the Empire, Bretonnians, Slann, Undead, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Goblins, Orcs, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Beastmen, Chaos Demons, Skaven, High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Dwarf Slayers, and Norse.
DarkWorld game x3
DarkWord Village of Fear
Dragon strike x2 cannibalized for parts
Crossbows and Catapults
Several Dungeons & Dragons and Lord of the Rings board games
Conan miniatures board game and expansions
Last edited by Cael Darkhollow on November 27th, 2017, 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Well met, adventurers

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 10th, 2017, 10:38 am

Good, lord, that's a lot of stuff!

Welcome! I'm surprised you're only just finding and joining the forums with the passion you seem to have for the game.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 10th, 2017, 11:36 am

My photobucket account went caput when they lost their minds and their customer base overnight practically by trying to extort a kings ransom for services that were free for years, so I am currently thinking of means to get photos on this site, as there are a great many things I would like to share here. I have been thinking flicker might be the way to go. Man I hate that most forums don't allow direct uploads and instead must require a hosting site for photos. If they ever go under (photobucket is the current example) it leaves a wasteland of broken image links on blogs, forums and searches. I have already noticed a few on this site. It would be fantastic if we knew that all of the photos members put up were secure forever by hosting pictures uploaded directly on the forum sites themselves.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 10th, 2017, 11:42 am

The problem for me personally is so big that all I wanna share just lies in picture limbo.
I hate that! I hate it! Hate it, hate it, hate it!
Google Drive might be the way to go, but come on, Google?! I don't like that idea at all.
I've also been thinking about a server for us where a lot of us share the monthly costs.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 10th, 2017, 11:50 am

I found the site not too long ago by searching for European expansion tile lists to make sure my sets I purchased were complete. Glad I did, I knew HeroQuest was popular back in the day and still hits the nostalgic spot if online prices are an indicator, but I had no idea there was a community that still discussed the game now-a-days. Besides my brothers, dad and a few friends that played with me back then, I have had no one to talk HQ with. For years my HQ sat on a shelf while I built Warhammer armies instead. I just started a campaign with my nephews ages 9 and 12 they made it to quest 7 the lost wizard in the game system. They promptly drew armory shops of their own and got really into it. We play Battlemasters as well. I am planning a massive Christmas present for my twin brother and his boys of HeroQuest and expansions, hence the reason I own multiples and have been bulking up with online purchases. I am super excited to start a new era of HeroQuest with my family and friends, perhaps even my wife if I can talk her into it. |_P :skull: :whiteshield: :blackshield:
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » November 10th, 2017, 6:48 pm

knightkrawler wrote:The problem for me personally is so big that all I wanna share just lies in picture limbo.
Google Drive might be the way to go, but come on, Google?! I don't like that idea at all.
I've also been thinking about a server for us where a lot of us share the monthly costs.

Imgur is free and easy and don't even have to sign up.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 11th, 2017, 1:04 am

j_dean80 wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:The problem for me personally is so big that all I wanna share just lies in picture limbo.

Imgur is free and easy and don't even have to sign up.

Until THEY decide to change that...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » November 12th, 2017, 8:42 pm

That is an outstandingly impressive collection!
Would you be willing to consider parting with any of it, for a monetary offer of course???
;) ;) ;) ;)
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby kyrrahn » November 12th, 2017, 10:10 pm

Found my way here trying to finalise my collection too, although mine is nowhere near as large or as comprehensive as you collection. Very impressive.
I want my Mummy :mummy:
kyrrahn

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » November 28th, 2017, 10:47 am

I just saw the picture of your collection. It's beautiful!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby