• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello All

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Hello All

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday July 2nd, 2017 11:20pm

fraggle me rigid!
I wanna have that gauntlet and your Irish Wolf puppies!
How did you do it?
If you want to, you can post a turorial or something similar; we are interested in everything in the appropriate subforums, even if it's off-HeroQuest,
This how-to or how-I or however or whatchamacallit would be good in the thread "What are you working on today":
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1446&p=79267&hilit=what+are+you+working#p79267
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5668
Images: 27
Joined: Friday May 25th, 2012 2:26pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Hello All

Postby Fallensaviour » Monday July 3rd, 2017 12:19am

Welcome aboard,gauntlet is awesome.The game looks decent as well,looking forward to more pics.


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tuesday March 1st, 2016 11:26pm
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby Figomurphy » Monday July 3rd, 2017 4:31am

Welcome to the inn. Irish wolf? Are you based in Ireland?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 279
Images: 3
Joined: Monday September 21st, 2015 6:14pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby QorDaq » Monday July 3rd, 2017 4:43am

Greetings Irish Wolf,

Welcome to the inn, and I am digging those pics!

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Tuesday March 4th, 2014 6:09am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby mitchiemasha » Monday July 3rd, 2017 7:09am

Nice! Only just back into it and your set looks way nicer than mine.

There's plenty of tweaks here... with the first order of call, Monsters need to use American edition Body points.

Weapons damage. Most liked the original mod of Heroes rolling all black shields in combat. But, I came to realise more powerful weapons never break. So i nerfed it to the weapon value. Some weapons are a +1 defence, base stat is 2 so if a hero rolls 3 black shields in defence and has a shield and a helmet armed, rolling 4Cd6, 1 item would be damaged on a roll of 3 Black Shields. Now if buffing a hero with magic or potions it's more likely to break the weapon, which is very thematic.

Chaos tokens from advanced Heroquest, Ambush, Character, Escape, Trap, Fate, Wandering Monster or the cards mod here.

A Monster skill for each class... Waagh, MAM, Tail Bash, Diagonal Attack, Infection, Paralysis, Stand Fast, Extended Reach, (Skaven: Horde). Even more powerful, 'The curse on this tomb is strong, the undead are easily reanimated and must be finished off' and 'Ancient magic enchants the Chaos warrior armour through it's Orb' destroying the sorcerer or artifact removes the effect.

Reduce thrown range to BP. But give the Heroes a buff. Lost weapons are found if the room it was thrown in is searched. Thrown weapons are hardly bought but this gives them more value. A 1 shot on a new room due to the original mechanic, the room will need to be cleared before searching to pick it up.

Limit treasure searches to 1 + amount of furniture in the room. Don't use American search rules, stick wit UK but add, 'Treassure Search: A room not searched for traps first, featuring a trap, will trigger the trap, place the hero on the trapped square, don't pick a card'.

I also like to make a roll of double 1 a hazard, calling out, "you stumble on a loose stone" "rocks fall from above" or something like " in your desperate attempt to escape, the floor greats your face". The Hero rolls 1 CD6, Skull: lose 1Bp, White: Saved, Black: Stunned no attack. The hero can still move but will suffer the hazard on the last square. Roll to move before attacking even if not moving. Every roll is now a threat, a battered and beaten Heroes will need an exit strategy. No more wasting turns for high movement rolls before revealing a room.

1 last 1... for the heroes... Make the short sword dual wield, not diagonal attack, gives life back to the staff. It's the only mod that's a direct change. The 1 rule we have with mods is they add to the original rule, not change it, keeping the HQ spirit.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thursday August 14th, 2014 2:05am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby Irish Wolf » Monday July 3rd, 2017 11:51am

Figomurphy wrote:Welcome to the inn. Irish wolf? Are you based in Ireland?


I am indeed.
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday July 2nd, 2017 11:53am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby Irish Wolf » Monday July 3rd, 2017 11:53am

mitchiemasha wrote:Nice! Only just back into it and your set looks way nicer than mine.

There's plenty of tweaks here... with the first order of call, Monsters need to use American edition Body points.

Weapons damage. Most liked the original mod of Heroes rolling all black shields in combat. But, I came to realise more powerful weapons never break. So i nerfed it to the weapon value. Some weapons are a +1 defence, base stat is 2 so if a hero rolls 3 black shields in defence and has a shield and a helmet armed, rolling 4Cd6, 1 item would be damaged on a roll of 3 Black Shields. Now if buffing a hero with magic or potions it's more likely to break the weapon, which is very thematic.

Chaos tokens from advanced Heroquest, Ambush, Character, Escape, Trap, Fate, Wandering Monster or the cards mod here.

A Monster skill for each class... Waagh, MAM, Tail Bash, Diagonal Attack, Infection, Paralysis, Stand Fast, Extended Reach, (Skaven: Horde). Even more powerful, 'The curse on this tomb is strong, the undead are easily reanimated and must be finished off' and 'Ancient magic enchants the Chaos warrior armour through it's Orb' destroying the sorcerer or artifact removes the effect.

Reduce thrown range to BP. But give the Heroes a buff. Lost weapons are found if the room it was thrown in is searched. Thrown weapons are hardly bought but this gives them more value. A 1 shot on a new room due to the original mechanic, the room will need to be cleared before searching to pick it up.

Limit treasure searches to 1 + amount of furniture in the room. Don't use American search rules, stick wit UK but add, 'Treassure Search: A room not searched for traps first, featuring a trap, will trigger the trap, place the hero on the trapped square, don't pick a card'.

I also like to make a roll of double 1 a hazard, calling out, "you stumble on a loose stone" "rocks fall from above" or something like " in your desperate attempt to escape, the floor greats your face". The Hero rolls 1 CD6, Skull: lose 1Bp, White: Saved, Black: Stunned no attack. The hero can still move but will suffer the hazard on the last square. Roll to move before attacking even if not moving. Every roll is now a threat, a battered and beaten Heroes will need an exit strategy. No more wasting turns for high movement rolls before revealing a room.

1 last 1... for the heroes... Make the short sword dual wield, not diagonal attack, gives life back to the staff. It's the only mod that's a direct change. The 1 rule we have with mods is they add to the original rule, not change it, keeping the HQ spirit.


Some good stuff there thanks, monster defiantly need more body points.
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday July 2nd, 2017 11:53am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby Figomurphy » Monday July 3rd, 2017 2:24pm

Irish Wolf wrote:
Figomurphy wrote:Welcome to the inn. Irish wolf? Are you based in Ireland?


I am indeed.


Cool. I'm based in Dublin. Would love to join a game sometime. i'm in the process of making a 3D board that I thought I'd never get to play on, at least until the kids are old enough.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 279
Images: 3
Joined: Monday September 21st, 2015 6:14pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby DarakuTenshi » Tuesday July 4th, 2017 9:20am

Irish Wolf wrote:and here is a quick look at what I have added to HeroQuest so far more to follow

[imgImage][/img]

What kind of foam is that and where did you buy it? I've been looking at making a box for my HQ stuff, and this may just be a better option. I'll just fixup my original box that is in really bad condition and do this to it.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 1:21pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hello All

Postby Irish Wolf » Tuesday July 4th, 2017 12:34pm

DarakuTenshi wrote:
Irish Wolf wrote:and here is a quick look at what I have added to HeroQuest so far more to follow

[imgImage][/img]

What kind of foam is that and where did you buy it? I've been looking at making a box for my HQ stuff, and this may just be a better option. I'll just fixup my original box that is in really bad condition and do this to it.


I just roughly cut up one of those foam interlocking floor mats and stuck it together with a hot glue gun, could have been a bit neater but was in a hurry. Those floor mats are great for making lots of things. You can buy packs of them fairly cheap. I got mine in Halfords.
Irish Wolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday July 2nd, 2017 11:53am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests