• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for Charity

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby drrob101 » May 19th, 2022, 1:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Mark your calendars and assemble your teams! The most epic charity game night returns to Connecticut, US on Saturday November 12, 2022! Registration opens in a few weeks.

40 players, 8 teams will be playing HeroQuset for glory and for charity!

www.dungeonsofhope.org

Heroes Fighting Homelessness!
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » May 20th, 2022, 7:39 pm

Awesome idea... !

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 22nd, 2022, 2:44 am

If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » May 29th, 2022, 12:47 am

Daedalus wrote:If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!

I actually live in CT, about 16 miles from Hartford, but I don't have any sponsors.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » May 29th, 2022, 1:38 am

Sadly that's a long trip for me, but if I could contribute in some way. Anybody want to simulcast the events? Depending upon the time of day I could cover it on HeroQuestFans stream on twitch (I work during the day, but done 4pm Central).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » May 31st, 2022, 5:29 pm

drrob101 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Mark your calendars and assemble your teams! The most epic charity game night returns to Connecticut, US on Saturday November 12, 2022! Registration opens in a few weeks.

40 players, 8 teams will be playing HeroQuset for glory and for charity!

http://www.dungeonsofhope.org

Heroes Fighting Homelessness!

Great enterprise! Difficult to assist from my country, I wish you a full success with the idea.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » June 14th, 2022, 5:13 pm

Kurgan wrote:Sadly that's a long trip for me, but if I could contribute in some way. Anybody want to simulcast the events? Depending upon the time of day I could cover it on HeroQuestFans stream on twitch (I work during the day, but done 4pm Central).

Possibly! Will discuss and get back to you. Thanks!
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » June 14th, 2022, 5:27 pm

What am I saying, I'm off that day! I stream on a saturday anyway...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » July 11th, 2022, 9:02 am

wallydubbs wrote:
Daedalus wrote:If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!

I actually live in CT, about 16 miles from Hartford, but I don't have any sponsors.

I see registration to become a member is 35 dollars. If you make it, I'll match that and up the ante. I can cut a check for $50 to help the homeless.

You find a small, wooden box. It is
simple-looking and very old.
Within, you discover it is lined with
velvet and contains very small jewels
worth 50 gold coins. Record the
money on your sheet. Do not return
this card to the deck.

Come on, Inn members, let Wallydubbs draw some more treasure cards so he can buy some decent equipment! It's for a great HQ charity and he's awesome at reporting his games, to boot. Sign up in this thread for a great cause and we can send him the money before he goes. PMs should handle this. We've been told about this for years; it's high-time we answered the call and sponsored a Hero from the Inn.

My sig has a purpose again!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » July 12th, 2022, 6:51 am

Daedalus wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:

I see registration to become a member is 35 dollars. If you make it, I'll match that and up the ante. I can cut a check for $50 to help the homeless.

You find a small, wooden box. It is
simple-looking and very old.
Within, you discover it is lined with
velvet and contains very small jewels
worth 50 gold coins. Record the
money on your sheet. Do not return
this card to the deck.

Come on, Inn members, let Wallydubbs draw some more treasure cards so he can buy some decent equipment! It's for a great HQ charity and he's awesome at reporting his games, to boot. Sign up in this thread for a great cause and we can send him the money before he goes. PMs should handle this. We've been told about this for years; it's high-time we answered the call and sponsored a Hero from the Inn.

My sig has a purpose again!

I could do $35 for membership.

Yeah, I'd gladly do some reporting on this. It doesn't seem like they're opposed to pictures and videos, which I could possibly post on here. I'd very much appreciate representing the inn at this event!
Even if I don't raise enough and can't participate in the gameplay, would they still be ok with someone going just to report on it for the site?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby