• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for Charity

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby drrob101 » Thursday May 19th, 2022 1:48pm

Hi Everyone,

Mark your calendars and assemble your teams! The most epic charity game night returns to Connecticut, US on Saturday November 12, 2022! Registration opens in a few weeks.

40 players, 8 teams will be playing HeroQuset for glory and for charity!

www.dungeonsofhope.org

Heroes Fighting Homelessness!
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wednesday February 3rd, 2016 10:03pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Kurgan » Friday May 20th, 2022 7:39pm

Awesome idea... !


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4406
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Daedalus » Sunday May 22nd, 2022 2:44am

If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4419
Images: 14
Joined: Monday May 9th, 2011 2:31pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby wallydubbs » Sunday May 29th, 2022 12:47am

Daedalus wrote:If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!

I actually live in CT, about 16 miles from Hartford, but I don't have any sponsors.
wallydubbs

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thursday October 18th, 2018 7:15am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Kurgan » Sunday May 29th, 2022 1:38am

Sadly that's a long trip for me, but if I could contribute in some way. Anybody want to simulcast the events? Depending upon the time of day I could cover it on HeroQuestFans stream on twitch (I work during the day, but done 4pm Central).


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4406
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby HispaZargon » Tuesday May 31st, 2022 5:29pm

drrob101 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Mark your calendars and assemble your teams! The most epic charity game night returns to Connecticut, US on Saturday November 12, 2022! Registration opens in a few weeks.

40 players, 8 teams will be playing HeroQuset for glory and for charity!

http://www.dungeonsofhope.org

Heroes Fighting Homelessness!

Great enterprise! Difficult to assist from my country, I wish you a full success with the idea.
User avatar
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 1038
Images: 40
Joined: Friday October 12th, 2018 2:18pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby drrob101 » Tuesday June 14th, 2022 5:13pm

Kurgan wrote:Sadly that's a long trip for me, but if I could contribute in some way. Anybody want to simulcast the events? Depending upon the time of day I could cover it on HeroQuestFans stream on twitch (I work during the day, but done 4pm Central).


Possibly! Will discuss and get back to you. Thanks!
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wednesday February 3rd, 2016 10:03pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Kurgan » Tuesday June 14th, 2022 5:27pm

What am I saying, I'm off that day! I stream on a saturday anyway...


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Doomguard
Doomguard
 
Posts: 4406
Images: 84
Joined: Saturday February 23rd, 2019 7:08pm
Location: https://discord.gg/hYEBbxsKGC
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Daedalus » Monday July 11th, 2022 9:02am

wallydubbs wrote:
Daedalus wrote:If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!

I actually live in CT, about 16 miles from Hartford, but I don't have any sponsors.

I see registration to become a member is 35 dollars. If you make it, I'll match that and up the ante. I can cut a check for $50 to help the homeless.

You find a small, wooden box. It is
simple-looking and very old.
Within, you discover it is lined with
velvet and contains very small jewels
worth 50 gold coins. Record the
money on your sheet. Do not return
this card to the deck.

Come on, Inn members, let Wallydubbs draw some more treasure cards so he can buy some decent equipment! It's for a great HQ charity and he's awesome at reporting his games, to boot. Sign up in this thread for a great cause and we can send him the money before he goes. PMs should handle this. We've been told about this for years; it's high-time we answered the call and sponsored a Hero from the Inn.

My sig has a purpose again!
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4419
Images: 14
Joined: Monday May 9th, 2011 2:31pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby wallydubbs » Tuesday July 12th, 2022 6:51am

Daedalus wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:
Daedalus wrote:If someone from the Inn could make it to Hartford, CT, I imagine other Inn members could pledge a few dollars for the cause. It's awesome that Rob got a plug on the local news featuring the box cover. So impressive what is being done with our hobby!

I actually live in CT, about 16 miles from Hartford, but I don't have any sponsors.

I see registration to become a member is 35 dollars. If you make it, I'll match that and up the ante. I can cut a check for $50 to help the homeless.

You find a small, wooden box. It is
simple-looking and very old.
Within, you discover it is lined with
velvet and contains very small jewels
worth 50 gold coins. Record the
money on your sheet. Do not return
this card to the deck.

Come on, Inn members, let Wallydubbs draw some more treasure cards so he can buy some decent equipment! It's for a great HQ charity and he's awesome at reporting his games, to boot. Sign up in this thread for a great cause and we can send him the money before he goes. PMs should handle this. We've been told about this for years; it's high-time we answered the call and sponsored a Hero from the Inn.

My sig has a purpose again!


I could do $35 for membership.

Yeah, I'd gladly do some reporting on this. It doesn't seem like they're opposed to pictures and videos, which I could possibly post on here. I'd very much appreciate representing the inn at this event!
Even if I don't raise enough and can't participate in the gameplay, would they still be ok with someone going just to report on it for the site?
wallydubbs

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thursday October 18th, 2018 7:15am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests