• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Howdy

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Howdy

Postby el_flesh » April 25th, 2010, 5:10 pm

Nice to be here. I am very surprised that there is such a huge following of this game... that I dimly remembered playing ONCE back in late 1989.
I was otherwise occupied with trying to have sex with girls at that time, so I really didn't pay much attention to my cousin's game.

That same cousin brought up how fun it was last holiday season, and I thought it might be worth giving a go. So I picked it up off of Kijiji, the figures were painted,

I made sure I got a Necromancer for meself (the witch king figure...there's also a skel that has his scythe cut off, so we use him for a wizard skel) and when we played... I was bowled over!

We've played the past three Saturdays straight! I've gone thru TWO full bottles of Tequila worth of Margueritas!
As a huge fan of diablo, I gotta say that computer games can't compare to this type of board game!

The fact that Zarquon or whatever his name is is played by a well-established D&D master who tweaks the game makes it all the better for ...well, players who can drink Margueritas...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Howdy

Postby drathe » April 25th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Those are some pretty sweet paint jobs! Normally you can't find good painting on games for sale. Great find and welcome to Ye Olde Inn! Nice to see you diving right into the discussions. That's what we like to see.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Howdy

Postby el_flesh » April 26th, 2010, 2:33 pm

Thanx for the BIG welcome!!! It makes me smile! Look at me smile in the post icon!

I realize I wasn't clear - I got that same cousin and his friend to paint the pieces THEMSELVES after I got the game!

I removed the flash on all the characters with a very thin exacto modelling knife, which took me about 36 hours all told, for everything - the weapons rack and the fimir being particular pains in the ass...but the tiny skulls being the most difficult to manipulate, since there were so many of them vs the hardest item - go ahead and guess what that was (hint: very rarely found complete in sets today).
I also removed the balls in between the horns of the chaos warriors and the warlock (Necro!) - it's my opinion they were probably molded that way so kids wouldn't prick their fingers on horns...also manages to extract the model easier from the mold I would bet - in any case I find they look far better.

The heros themselves were painted by my cousins' GF while they were painting the monsters. I love the eyes on the Barb she did!
She even put a BEARD on the wizard...how the hell she got THAT from this:
Image I've no idea!

Ah, to be under 25 again....
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby