• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A jar of your finest ale please!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: A jar of your finest ale please!

Postby whitebeard » March 29th, 2015, 4:41 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Fimirs and mummys are the difficult ones to find.

Try "bog raiders" by blood moon for the Fimir. The heads and arms/weapons are separate so you can glue them together in the poses you want.

I did not like the GW zombies when I first looked at them. I will have to take another look. There are only 2 of these in the base game system, so no big danger of a clone army here... until you add the expansions.

In my first ever experiment with green stuff, I cut one of the stock capes of the GW Chaos Warriors back so that I could have a second figure with a raised arm. Blending this into the fur detail on the shoulders of the Chaos Warriors was easy!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » March 29th, 2015, 4:52 pm

whitebeard wrote:I did not like the GW zombies when I first looked at them. I will have to take another look.

In the name of all that's decent and holy, don't do that! GW's Zombies are among the worst minis they've ever produced. That anyone's ever produced, in fact.
Mantic's Zombies are good, stylewise at least. If you wanna go fancy, I can recommend Zombies from both Confrontation (Rackham) and Heresy. One of the heresy models is in fact a direct homage to the HQ sculpt, in your face.
The Fimir I build myself. One is almost finished, complete with paintjob.
Last edited by knightkrawler on March 29th, 2015, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » March 29th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Yeah i have seen those "bog raiders". I may have to go for those unless something better comes along. There are 6 zombies needed in Return of the Wich lord. I also fancy making a quest with just zombies in ... Inspired by The Walking Dead which i'm a fan of :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 29th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Inspired by The Walking Dead which i'm a fan of :)

Everybody is.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 29th, 2015, 9:07 pm

knightkrawler wrote:In the name of all that's decent and holy, don't do that! GW's Zombies are among the worst minis they've ever produced.

I looked, and I stand by my original assessment… Yeah, um… What he said.

knightkrawler wrote:
Sparkymark wrote:Inspired by The Walking Dead which i'm a fan of :)

Everybody is.

Actually I got really tired of it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » March 30th, 2015, 10:09 am

Well it just heated up big time. Those not so hard hitting episodes make for some serious viewing when it finally hits. Love the music init too so relaxing, wait, is that right!!!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 31st, 2015, 2:36 am

I have Mantic zombies as well, I love them. Very dynamic. Easy to paint too. Their skeletons aren't bad either.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby slev » March 31st, 2015, 6:28 am

Heresy's Zombies are very HeroQuest.

Also, if you want good Mummies, try Westwind's "mummy servent priests".

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » March 31st, 2015, 8:12 am

slev wrote:Heresy's Zombies are very HeroQuest.

Well, the one zombie is almost an exact copy of the HeroQuest zombie. The rest are very gory and beyond what I would buy to play with my son and his friends. Why aren't they wearing the clothes they were killed / buried in?

slev wrote:Also, if you want good Mummies, try Westwind's "mummy servent priests".

Hard to see any detail in the single image provided for the mummy servant priests. If "the mummy" figure is any indication, these should be fantastic. You have them? How is the scale?

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby slev » March 31st, 2015, 8:27 am

whitebeard wrote:
slev wrote:Heresy's Zombies are very HeroQuest.

Well, the one zombie is almost an exact copy of the HeroQuest zombie. The rest are very gory and beyond what I would buy to play with my son and his friends. Why aren't they wearing the clothes they were killed / buried in?

slev wrote:Also, if you want good Mummies, try Westwind's "mummy servent priests".

Hard to see any detail in the single image provided for the mummy servant priests. If "the mummy" figure is any indication, these should be fantastic. You have them? How is the scale?

Scale is startlingly close to the original.
I'll have to tray and take some photos for you. Remind me!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby