• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hello

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Hello

Postby MichaelKruse » September 13th, 2014, 5:26 am

Hi guys and gals

I've been lurking for a while, so it's about time I say hi and thank you for this great forum - I've learned quite a lot from reading a load of all the posts here.

I got my game 25 years ago, and as game owner, I only tried playing one or two quests as a hero - and from there on I was Morcar (as I more or less learned the entire quest book by heart, which took the fun out of me as a hero). When Kellar's Keep came out, I got this expansion and played it a few times as well as Morcar. Then the game got lost in the back of a cupboard, and it was only this summer it came back out again, as I convinced my girlfriend to try it.

She's been controlling all four heroes through most of the base game quest book, and she does like the game - but as she is not good with all the surprises, traps and not being in control, we have reversed the roles, and I am now playing the heroes through the fine translation of "Rise Of The Chaos God" with her as Morcar.

Recently I managed to snatch a brand new English version of RotWK - and just this morning the mailwoman delivered my brand new English version of AtOH. I am so looking forward to taking the figures out of the sprues!

Anyways; Hi people!
MichaelKruse

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hello

Postby knightkrawler » September 13th, 2014, 5:31 am

Welcome on board.
Are you playing the mere Japanese translation or bastianbux's awesome localization? Either way I'm glad it's played.
Have fun posting and if not, have fun lurking.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MichaelKruse » September 13th, 2014, 5:44 am

Thank you

We're playing the version by bastianbux - with quest book and artifacts printed. I find it quite enjoyable to be the heroes instead of Morcar - having no idea what to find behind the next door and where to go on the board to solve the mission.

I will do my very best to post every once in a while...
MichaelKruse

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » September 13th, 2014, 6:28 am

Welcome to the Inn! Enjoy your stay! Some of us never leave :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » September 13th, 2014, 11:03 am

Welcome aboard!
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » September 14th, 2014, 12:55 am

Hello, with only the 2 off you playing you are missing out 1 major aspect of the game, discussing with other players what to do. HQ is so much better with a full group.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » September 14th, 2014, 2:08 am

Welcome to the forum!

If you both like the role of player, the best thing to do is change roles after some quests.

And of course as mitchiemasha says, a group of 4+ people have a lot more fun.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MichaelKruse » September 14th, 2014, 8:48 am

Thank you for the welcomes!

I'm sure a bigger group would be awesome and make the game play even better. We will most likely eventually find some friends to join in but until then, we will continue our fights just the two of us (fightning this way is way more fun than in real life...).
MichaelKruse

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » September 14th, 2014, 10:08 am

MichaelKruse wrote:Thank you for the welcomes!

I'm sure a bigger group would be awesome and make the game play even better. We will most likely eventually find some friends to join in but until then, we will continue our fights just the two of us (fightning this way is way more fun than in real life...).

Ain't THAT the truth! I'm glad to hear she didn't just give up on it after the first quest.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 15th, 2014, 1:15 am

Welcome to the Inn, MichaelKruse. Though your girlfriend seems content with the original Hero figures, you should know some members make fine recasts of components. You may want to look into the female Barbarian and Elf figures from the highly-inflated US expansions if you like the sculpts. You can look them up in the Ye Olde Market forum.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby