• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

maybe i should introduce myself ;)

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: maybe i should introduce myself ;)

Postby Phoenix » Monday September 14th, 2009 7:10am

There is no bad blood, just ensuing humor! :)

In regards to treasure searching: I would just stack the deck. Take out most WM/Haz cards and leave the goodies behind. later on when confidence and/or comfort has been established in the searching for treasure department, add them back in. Or do what I did and just make your own treasure deck (of which I'll gladly share).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » Monday September 14th, 2009 7:18am

Phoenix helped me out with one of my groups where a couple players were either uninterested or afraid to search for treasure. His suggestions are in the thread Hidden Treasure.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby AerynB » Monday September 14th, 2009 9:48am

Phoenix wrote:In regards to treasure searching: I would just stack the deck. Take out most WM/Haz cards and leave the goodies behind. later on when confidence and/or comfort has been established in the searching for treasure department, add them back in. Or do what I did and just make your own treasure deck (of which I'll gladly share).

This is a great idea! And usually when we play he's near the end of a tv show or working on his computer and says something like, "get it set up and call me when you're ready" so I have plenty of time to screw with the treasure deck. If I tried to stack it while shuffling before drawing a card (which I can't do, by the way :( ) he'd notice, but since I do the shuffling he won't realize that the deck is a bit thinner.

I also like the idea of adding those little 10 or 15G bits for the second or third searcher, to encourage him to make every hero search a room. Yay! :D

You two are so clever. I keep forgetting that it's my game and I can do mostly whatever I want. ;) Thank you very much, you two, for all the advice.

EDIT: Whoa! I'm a skeleton now. Wonder when that happened. I oughtta think of an avatar or something. *twiddles thumbs* Wonder if there's a nice pic of Princess Millandriel, you know, 'cause I'm a girl. ;) I'll have to think about this.

EDIT2: Princess Zelda will have to do for now. :) And now to get ready for work. Later, guys.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday September 17th, 2009 12:35am

Let us know how those tactics work out for you.

I don't think I added Millandriel to the Avatar Gallery. I could add one from either the mirror or token. They aren't the best images. The token would probably make for the better avatar since it's clearer. If'n I remember, I'll add it tomorrow. Zelda is another fine option though. Maybe even the Witch Queen.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby AerynB » Thursday September 17th, 2009 8:10am

Well, it sorta worked. The next quest, as you all know, is Race Against Time (don't know why it's called that *shrugs*) where the heroes have to basically make it back to the spiral staircase. So I went through the treasure deck to take out some WM/Haz cards and I noticed that there aren't too many of them, he must have just had a few unlucky draws. Anyway, I took out a hazard and a couple of WM. Dave was good and had at least 1 hero search each room for treasure -- I'll have to reread the part where each hero is allowed to search a room for treasure once. ;) So then he gets to the quest treasure, and he's been so good at searching for traps but he completely forgets in this room and the TC trap gets him. *shakes head* At least the hero had enough BP that he didn't die, but still. *giggles*

I think the point is he's learning, slowly ;) but still, it's good, because I get to play. :D

Hmm...what else did you ask? *rereads* Oh yeah. Princess Millandriel avatar. No probs. Zelda works fine for me, it's one of my two favorite video games (other is Dragon Quest).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » Thursday September 17th, 2009 11:47am

Each Hero is allowed to search each room once. So that is a maximum of 4 searches per room.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby AerynB » Thursday September 17th, 2009 7:46pm

oops. yeah, that's what I meant. :oops:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion