• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Good Evening..

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Good Evening..

Postby Guybrush Threepwood » June 25th, 2013, 3:12 pm

dear fans of HeroQuest!

Allow me to briefly introduce myself:

I first got in contact with HeroQuest around 1990-1991, when my neighbors got the game for christmas present. They owned all sorts of wonderful toys (Masters of the Universe, Amiga 500 etc.) unfortunately judged "stupid" by my parents. I spent a lot of time at their house at this time but we sadly never really got to play the game as it was meant to be though. Probably the rules were just to complicated to understand for us kids. So the miniatures were just randomly used for invented games as kids at this age do. When the weather was good, we anyway spent most of our time playing in the nearby forest: hiding, climbing trees and so on.

Because the fascination of my childhood for adventures and fantasy remained an important part of my personality until today, I have also played a lot of RPGs (Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, etc.) during the last years, which eventually made me remember good old HeroQuest. After some research I had to learn that you cannot purchase this in a shop - not even in a specialized fantasy shop. They just laughed at me, when I told them what I was looking for..

So I choose to buy Descent instead and got into miniature painting like 1 and a half year ago. I've almost finished all the monsters by now and I like the relaxing atmosphere of miniature painting very much. Soon I'll hopefully be good enough to start on my HeroQuest. Yes, that's right, I got myself a copy! Giving up was not an option and I restlessly searched the internet to spend a little fortune on the game and the European expansions. I finally got it from some friendly people over at amazon. From time to time I get my girlfriend and some other friends to play. So we have got like 8 or 9 quests of the main story done until today. I'm looking forward to play more quests whenever possible.

Thanks to everybody for all the quality information on this website. This helps a lot and it's always fun to see that others share the same interest.

Bye for now!

Guybrush
Last edited by Guybrush Threepwood on June 26th, 2013, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guybrush Threepwood

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Good Evening..

Postby chaoticprime » June 25th, 2013, 3:32 pm

LeChuck was my father, you pirate-murdering bastard.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jewels! » June 25th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Welcome to the Inn!

Now I wonder if there was a localized version of the game sold on Monkey Island.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 25th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Wikipedia is my girlfriend...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Guybrush Threepwood » June 25th, 2013, 3:51 pm

chaoticprime wrote:LeChuck was my father, you pirate-murdering bastard.

He must have taught you everything you know.
Guybrush Threepwood

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 25th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Man, I loved monkey island. Ah sweet memories, and also he-man, skeletor, transformers, cartoons, g.i. joe, my amiga 500. Seeing your nickname alone make me smile. Welcome to the inn!
What was that other pirates name... Mancomb something...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby TMU » June 25th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Sometimes I feel like I'm too young for the Inn... :roll:

But anyways, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay |_P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Guybrush Threepwood » June 25th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Sjeng wrote:Man, I loved monkey island. Ah sweet memories, and also he-man, skeletor, transformers, cartoons, g.i. joe, my amiga 500. Seeing your nickname alone make me smile. Welcome to the inn!
What was that other pirates name... Mancomb something...

Seepgood! Good old times..
Guybrush Threepwood

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Guybrush Threepwood » June 25th, 2013, 4:17 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Wikipedia is my girlfriend...

If I spent some 600€ on one of those alluring "sigillato" packs from italy I might end up solo just like you..
Guybrush Threepwood

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » June 25th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:Wikipedia is my girlfriend...

If I spent some 600€ on one of those alluring "sigillato" packs from italy I might end up solo just like you..

He's not solo, he has wikipedia by his side :lol:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby